OK looks like we can have chickens according to what I read in our township rules. So here is what I am looking for as for breeds, prefable all heritage/breeder stock please and the central part of PA say an hour or two from Lebanon. I am thinking road trip to collect them all at one shot and place them in an incubator when I get home. I think 6 eggs of each would be plenty to get a few hens from. I am going for the colorful egg basket and interesting looking birds.
1. Auracana (blue Layer)
2. Marans (Dark Brown layer, which I have found some French Black Copper in Hershey area)
3. Welsumer (dark Brown Layer)
4. Cream Leg Bars (Blue Layer)
5. English Orpington (
6. Cochin, Prefable Partridge (for brooders)
7. White Rocks
8. White Faced black Spanish
9. Rhode Island Reds
I think between the blue egg layers and the Dark Brown egg layers I could breed my own Olive Eggers if I can have roosters.... That may be an issue with neighbors and the sound ordinance.