Originally Posted by LizardCat
Cars. Gardens. ARRGH.
Today my wife went off to pick up her boss (Because the Boss' car is in the shop) so they could go off to work at one of their clients. As I'm getting dressed to head into the hospital, I get a call.
"Hon, the car stopped on the road near Mostardi's."
So off come the dress slacks, and on go the dirty jeans. And out come the gloves, tools, and bruised knuckles which I use to repair her car so they can get to the client's place and get that garden done!
Things I learned today:
- Fermenting plums that you forgot about in your jeep for a week are a little stinky.
- Chickens like fermented plums. And squishy bananas.
- Core prices on alternators have gone up. ($80 for a core? There's not THAT much copper in there.)
- The Nissan GA16 engine DOES have a belt tensioner adjust. And now I know where it is.
- To change an alternator on a GA16, you should remove the following items to make enough room:
. Upper Radiator Hose
. Passenger Side Fan
- Your back will hurt after hunching over the front of a car that long.
On the plus side, this being the third time I've done an alternator on a sentra, it only took me 3 hours to get the job done. :-) And unlike last time, I didn't shred the belt. YAY!