I came out of the coop earlier to my super dog growling at a fox that had tried to sneak up. My Ruger was blocking his way to me and the coop. The fox was not afraid of me and not having a gun I threw the feed bucket at it. It ran a few feet away so I yelled for my pup and we ran. I spent the last hour trying to dispose of the very strange acting fox. Things I learned today:
1. I'm a terrible shot and need LOTS of target practice.
2. Trying to be Annie Oakley while having the flu (fever, shaking and weak) is not a super idea.
3. My 20lb pup has the heart of a lion and is my protector. (He's getting a piece of deer steak for supper)
4. Pistol needs to be on my hip whenever I go out. Feed buckets are only mildly effective.
5. Finally, crazy animals need to stay away from my coop because even though I can barely stand today I will defend my flock.
Hope you feel better. I hope you get that fox!!!