Listings that don't follow these guidelines will be removed. Members that don't adhere to the rules will be warned and possibly banned from the forum.
1. BackYardChickens and the BYC Staff do not endorse items for BST and are not responsible for anything related to BST transactions between the members.
2. Buyer Beware -Review the history of the person with whom you are transacting. A BST listing is not the place to post your opinion of the item being sold (that's why we have a feedback system).
3. Be honest and follow through with your sale or your purchase.
4. If you have an issue, try to resolve it privately. If you feel the person is repeat offender, please use the report button so the staff can review. Do not address this in the public forum.
5. Bumping of listings is allowed and will depend on your membership level. (link to member bennies page here)
6. When you bid on an item, the amount you post in the ad is the amount you are willing to pay.
7. You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the BST/swaps sections of the site. You can not swap or buy or sell in BST or any part of the forum if you are under 18.
8. You need to have 20 posts in order to participate in the BST sections regardless of your time registered or your membership level.
8. All items or services for sale must actually be for sale on BYC only. No listings of items offered on other auction websites are allowed.
9. All auctions must be purchasable as is. Any classified being run as an auction must have "Auction" listed in the title with an end date. If there are no bids, you may extend your end date and bump your ad with regard to your membership level.
10. Have a great time and good luck with your buying and selling.
To Accept / Agree To The Rules:
By posting in our BST section you are acknowledging that you've read the rules. No other steps are needed.
BST Posting Limits:
To ensure everyone has a chance to be featured on the front page of the Classified Ads page, we've set limits for the number of BST listings per member.