BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Chicken Breeds › General breed discussions & FAQ › Post Pics of your Leghorns
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post Pics of your Leghorns - Page 160

post #1591 of 1723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan View Post

That calculator really tries to pull you in... get you to learn all of the factors involved..... pretty cool, and lots of fun.


yep I really don't understnd genitics that well I just clicked things until it went along wit everything lol

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm getting more chickens!!!

I miss my Smokey girl!  

I'm an animal lover!

 

☀︎𝓢𝓾𝓶𝓶𝓮𝓻☀︎

☃☃☃♡☃☃☃

Reply
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm getting more chickens!!!

I miss my Smokey girl!  

I'm an animal lover!

 

☀︎𝓢𝓾𝓶𝓶𝓮𝓻☀︎

☃☃☃♡☃☃☃

Reply
post #1592 of 1723



Young cockerel and pullet of our mille fluer leghorns
English orpingtons... Blue, black and chocolate
Leghorns... White, lt brown, dk brown, silver, isabella, cuckoo, black, exchequer, mille fleur, buff, black tailed red and about another dozen projects.
coronation sussex, modern game bantams, marans, and a few other breeds.
Ducks... Calls, crested, anconas and muscovy.
Geese... White and brown chinese. Turkeys... Blue slate
Reply
English orpingtons... Blue, black and chocolate
Leghorns... White, lt brown, dk brown, silver, isabella, cuckoo, black, exchequer, mille fleur, buff, black tailed red and about another dozen projects.
coronation sussex, modern game bantams, marans, and a few other breeds.
Ducks... Calls, crested, anconas and muscovy.
Geese... White and brown chinese. Turkeys... Blue slate
Reply
post #1593 of 1723
I love the millie fleur color.

Of the pair above, I like the pullet best.
Alaskan

Crawling about in the season of drifts of snow, buckets of ice, freezing cold, getting brighter every minute, and way crazier than usual.
Reply
Alaskan

Crawling about in the season of drifts of snow, buckets of ice, freezing cold, getting brighter every minute, and way crazier than usual.
Reply
post #1594 of 1723

White Leghorn pullets

post #1595 of 1723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan View Post

I love the millie fleur color.

Of the pair above, I like the pullet best.

Yes the pullet is better. Maybe one of the best we've had.
Mille Leghorns are a mess. One thing is their pattern takes a while to develope fully. But the big issues we had starting out was yellow legs of course, getting white eggs instead of an off white to cream eggs and type.
Theyre a work in progress for sure. Sometime in the future ive got a couple plans for them.
English orpingtons... Blue, black and chocolate
Leghorns... White, lt brown, dk brown, silver, isabella, cuckoo, black, exchequer, mille fleur, buff, black tailed red and about another dozen projects.
coronation sussex, modern game bantams, marans, and a few other breeds.
Ducks... Calls, crested, anconas and muscovy.
Geese... White and brown chinese. Turkeys... Blue slate
Reply
English orpingtons... Blue, black and chocolate
Leghorns... White, lt brown, dk brown, silver, isabella, cuckoo, black, exchequer, mille fleur, buff, black tailed red and about another dozen projects.
coronation sussex, modern game bantams, marans, and a few other breeds.
Ducks... Calls, crested, anconas and muscovy.
Geese... White and brown chinese. Turkeys... Blue slate
Reply
post #1596 of 1723
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnynChicks View Post





White Leghorn pullets

Quality production girls you have there! Are they laying for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moonshiner View Post

Yes the pullet is better. Maybe one of the best we've had.
Mille Leghorns are a mess. One thing is their pattern takes a while to develope fully. But the big issues we had starting out was yellow legs of course, getting white eggs instead of an off white to cream eggs and type.
Theyre a work in progress for sure. Sometime in the future ive got a couple plans for them.

A couple of years back I hatched out a bunch of project Leghorn colors... and yep, they were all over the place. Several of the eggs were just off white, and most were a bit smaller than they should be. It is difficult to breed the perfect Leghorn.
Alaskan

Crawling about in the season of drifts of snow, buckets of ice, freezing cold, getting brighter every minute, and way crazier than usual.
Reply
Alaskan

Crawling about in the season of drifts of snow, buckets of ice, freezing cold, getting brighter every minute, and way crazier than usual.
Reply
post #1597 of 1723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnynChicks View Post





White Leghorn pullets

Quality production girls you have there! Are they laying for you?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moonshiner View Post

Yes the pullet is better. Maybe one of the best we've had.
Mille Leghorns are a mess. One thing is their pattern takes a while to develope fully. But the big issues we had starting out was yellow legs of course, getting white eggs instead of an off white to cream eggs and type.
Theyre a work in progress for sure. Sometime in the future ive got a couple plans for them.

A couple of years back I hatched out a bunch of project Leghorn colors... and yep, they were all over the place. Several of the eggs were just off white, and most were a bit smaller than they should be. It is difficult to breed the perfect Leghorn.


Yeah, they have been giving me about an egg a day for around a month and a half now. :)

post #1598 of 1723
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnynChicks View Post


Yeah, they have been giving me about an egg a day for around a month and a half now. smile.png

Pretty darn awesome!!


I have failed with setting up my lights properly... and my pullets hit their point of lay too far after the summer solstice... so no eggs for me. sad.png

I can't wait until they start up... but my Leghorn pullets are in a small coop without light... so I will probably get zero until February. The joy of the dark north.

Even in the far north...if they hit point of lay before or shortly after the solstice then they lay all winter .....
Alaskan

Crawling about in the season of drifts of snow, buckets of ice, freezing cold, getting brighter every minute, and way crazier than usual.
Reply
Alaskan

Crawling about in the season of drifts of snow, buckets of ice, freezing cold, getting brighter every minute, and way crazier than usual.
Reply
post #1599 of 1723


My new buff leghorn bantam pullets ^__^
post #1600 of 1723
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikikiki View Post



My new buff leghorn bantam pullets ^__^

Nice
English orpingtons... Blue, black and chocolate
Leghorns... White, lt brown, dk brown, silver, isabella, cuckoo, black, exchequer, mille fleur, buff, black tailed red and about another dozen projects.
coronation sussex, modern game bantams, marans, and a few other breeds.
Ducks... Calls, crested, anconas and muscovy.
Geese... White and brown chinese. Turkeys... Blue slate
Reply
English orpingtons... Blue, black and chocolate
Leghorns... White, lt brown, dk brown, silver, isabella, cuckoo, black, exchequer, mille fleur, buff, black tailed red and about another dozen projects.
coronation sussex, modern game bantams, marans, and a few other breeds.
Ducks... Calls, crested, anconas and muscovy.
Geese... White and brown chinese. Turkeys... Blue slate
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General breed discussions & FAQ
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Chicken Breeds › General breed discussions & FAQ › Post Pics of your Leghorns