Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE Last post on 10/5/16 at 1:02pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cashs Blue Eggs and Araucanas Lanae Cash Willits, CA 95490 email@example.com Last post on 12/17/15 at 6:19pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:01pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds - Page 2826post #28252 of 3480111/15/15 at 11:56amQuote:Originally Posted by scflock
Their pen is right beside the cuckoo marans, and they are on strike, too. I expect that from my older girls, but I've never been so anxious for chickens to start laying. Is it possible 3 cockerels with 7 pullets are making them nervous? After I invite my 2 BCM cockerels to Thanksgiving , I'm moving one of the extra AMs in with the remaining pullets for OEs
If the cockerels are harassing them then that could be a factor... but if not, then I'd say no... my Am's took their sweet time to start laying... they were hatched in Aug and wasn't until March when they started...Frawg MuseFrawg Musepost #28253 of 3480111/15/15 at 2:13pmpost #28254 of 3480111/17/15 at 8:31amQuote:
I have two BWs and a splash that will be 6 months 11/29. I have not been expecting anything, especially since my other AM hens are not laying. I have one Splash wheaten that is laying consistently, but she is in a different pen with more sun. I do think my problem is not enough light. I have timers that run from 5AM - 8AM and 5PM until 8PM. But, with the fall and winter sun pattern, it does not shine into their pens very much. I figure I will be waiting until Spring.post #28255 of 3480111/17/15 at 12:02pmAny chance one of these could be a hen? The pics aren't great. I'll try tomorrow for better ones. I moved these (4 blacks and 2 blues) guys to the bachelor pad. I was unsure about 2 of the blacks. They are 16 weeks. I had to go ahead and move them because the grow out pen was getting crowded.post #28256 of 3480111/17/15 at 12:04pmpost #28257 of 3480111/17/15 at 12:06pmQuote:I think they look like pullets! Fingers crossedOriginally Posted by goldie1234
Any chance one of these could be a hen? The pics aren't great. I'll try tomorrow for better ones. I moved these (4 blacks and 2 blues) guys to the bachelor pad. I was unsure about 2 of the blacks. They are 16 weeks. I had to go ahead and move them because the grow out pen was getting crowded.Ever searching for the perfect flock ... With the help of an ever-growing menagerie. www.thegrowingpainsblog.weebly.com https://www.facebook.com/The-Growing-Pains-Blog-987143211307918/ https://twitter.com/Grow_PainsEver searching for the perfect flock ... With the help of an ever-growing menagerie. www.thegrowingpainsblog.weebly.com https://www.facebook.com/The-Growing-Pains-Blog-987143211307918/ https://twitter.com/Grow_Painspost #28258 of 3480111/17/15 at 12:47pmpost #28259 of 3480111/17/15 at 12:50pmpost #28260 of 3480111/17/15 at 3:45pm
Anyone planning on going to the Low Country Classic in Blackville, SC, Dec 5th? It is a double show and should have some nice entries.
- The Chicken Chapel
- › Pullet with diarrhea, when to worry? 11 seconds ago
- › The NFC B-Day Chat Thread 19 seconds ago
- › Barred Rock X Delaware???Barred Rock X EE??? 40 seconds ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 56 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 57 seconds ago
- › HALLOWEGG Decorating Contest- Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts,... 1 minute ago
- › Flock Master64's Rooster/Cockerel photo contest! 1 minute ago
- › What is wrong with my egg? 2 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 2 minutes ago
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 3 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.