Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE Last post on Yesterday at 8:53 pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cashs Blue Eggs and Araucanas Lanae Cash Willits, CA 95490 firstname.lastname@example.org Last post on 12/17/15 at 6:19pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:01pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds - Page 2904post #29032 of 3484312/28/15 at 8:01ampost #29033 of 3484312/28/15 at 8:05ampost #29034 of 3484312/28/15 at 12:35pmpost #29035 of 3484312/28/15 at 12:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by MrsBachbach
If you cock is showing leakage he is going to pass that on to the females, but you won't be able to tell. You very likely have some females that are throwing those males. I don't think it is your cock alone. Your other crosses likely picked up the melanizers needed to cover the background color.
Yes, if the sons show no leakage they should be fine to use.
Thank you for taking the time to respond and advise, I really appreciate that... I am picking up a new black cock on Friday that came from my hens lines and am going to test mate him... my hens and him are from totally separate lines than the Lav cock, and none of the males in their lines ever showed leakage so am hoping this will be a better result...post #29036 of 3484312/28/15 at 12:47pmpost #29037 of 3484312/28/15 at 12:47pmpost #29038 of 3484312/28/15 at 12:56pmpost #29039 of 3484312/28/15 at 1:01pmQuote:
You need longer days to get eggs . Without 12 - 16 hours of light production can be poor . So without lights on a timer it will be March before she
lays . 6 + months is normal to start laying .
Edited by jerryse - 12/28/15 at 1:02pmCharter member of the Ameraucana Alliance. Helped develop the breed.Charter member of the Ameraucana Alliance. Helped develop the breed.post #29040 of 3484312/28/15 at 2:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by RavynFallen
Thank you for taking the time to respond and advise, I really appreciate that... I am picking up a new black cock on Friday that came from my hens lines and am going to test mate him... my hens and him are from totally separate lines than the Lav cock, and none of the males in their lines ever showed leakage so am hoping this will be a better result...
Awsome! I hope it works out for you! Let us know how it turns out.
- The Chicken Chapel
- › Broody Hen Thread! 8 seconds ago
- › Anime Chat Thread 2016! All Are Welcome! 9 seconds ago
- › Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE 15 seconds ago
- › Show off your Old English Game Bantams!! 29 seconds ago
- › Chicken lethargic and not acting normal 30 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › help! can someone tell me the breed and gender? 1 minute ago
- › Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps 1 minute ago
- › Hens cold weather roosting 1 minute ago
- › Early stages sour crop? 2 minutes ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~