It can be tricky. I've been fooled by some older than her. Spread her wings and look for color there...You may see a pale gray color indicating blue or a black color indicating wheaten. When it's difficult to tell from the tail, the wings are the best place to tell.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE Last post on Yesterday at 8:53 pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cashs Blue Eggs and Araucanas Lanae Cash Willits, CA 95490 email@example.com Last post on 12/17/15 at 6:19pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:01pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds - Page 2946post #29451 of 348421/12/16 at 9:41amQuote:
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #29452 of 348421/12/16 at 10:07ampost #29453 of 348421/12/16 at 10:21amQuote:
EE and olive eggs .Charter member of the Ameraucana Alliance. Helped develop the breed.Charter member of the Ameraucana Alliance. Helped develop the breed.post #29454 of 348421/12/16 at 10:25amQuote:
Yes, you are correct. It would produce an EE. If you mate your Lavender (or self blue) Ameraucana rooster with a black copper maran, you can create what some people call an "olive egger." The females would lay olive green eggs. It just depends on what you are going for, but none of them would be true Ameraucanas. Good luck! 😊
Edited by OnceInaBlueMoon - 1/12/16 at 10:26ampost #29455 of 348421/12/16 at 10:53amQuote:
Thank you!post #29456 of 348421/12/16 at 1:32pmpost #29457 of 348421/14/16 at 11:47ampost #29458 of 348421/14/16 at 1:35pmQuote:I was actually thinkin about you & wondering when your chicks would come in:jumpy
So u ended up canceling the blue wheatens & trading for lavenders?! Nice!
I was wanting lavenders too, but he didn't offer those for sale. BUT..I love the blue wheatens too! So I hope they get to laying well for my breeder!post #29459 of 348421/14/16 at 1:56pmpost #29460 of 348421/14/16 at 2:14pm
I was thinking they would come the first part of the month. They would have but not enough Wheaten/Blue Wheatens to fill my order and are slow in getting back to laying. I am still getting 35 chicks 10 lavender 9 blue 9 splash and 7 black. This way we don't have a need for two more pens either. He also said the lavenders (self blue) eggs where a little bigger, bluer and held the color better. I might bo the wheatens next year!
- The Chicken Chapel
- › Poultry school, Enroll Today! (chickens/ducks/geese,Any poultry!) 1 minute ago
- › Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › Any of these breeds broody? 2 minutes ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 2 minutes ago
- › Barnyard Mix OEGx? 2 minutes ago
- › Peachicks of 2016 photos -- Let's see the babies!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Coturnix-Pics 3 minutes ago
- › Newbie Duck Owner! 4 minutes ago
- › Arizona Chickens 4 minutes ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...