It's harder to wait when there is so much snow on the ground and your bored! lol This might be a good time to come! They would handled so much! We could name them rover!!! Teach them how to sit and roll over. Teaching them to bark might be the hard one!
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE Last post on Yesterday at 8:48 pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cashs Blue Eggs and Araucanas Lanae Cash Willits, CA 95490 firstname.lastname@example.org Last post on 12/17/15 at 6:19pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:01pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act like a pet...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds - Page 2947post #29461 of 348271/14/16 at 2:20pmQuote:
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #29462 of 348271/14/16 at 2:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by brucvl
I was actually thinkin about you & wondering when your chicks would come in:jumpy
So u ended up canceling the blue wheatens & trading for lavenders?! Nice!
I was wanting lavenders too, but he didn't offer those for sale. BUT..I love the blue wheatens too! So I hope they get to laying well for my breeder!
I traded Wheaten/blue Wheaten for lavender and added a couple to my splash and blues. When are you getting your chicks?post #29463 of 348271/14/16 at 2:25pmpost #29464 of 348271/14/16 at 2:40pmQuote:
That was why I thought not getting as many eggs isn't that bad of thing! I had like 55 laying chickens and sold off the whole flock. I couldn't sell all the eggs at $2.00 a dozen. I would get like 14 dozen a week and sell like 5 dozen a week! I have been there!!!! I thought I will just get a few of the chickens I liked and hatch a few babies to sell and help pay the feed for my addiction! I was only selling enough eggs to pay for about 1/3 of my feed. Not good!post #29465 of 348271/14/16 at 2:52pmQuote:that's definitely a better business plan. Eggs are supplemental, but I have almost broken even since I started selling chicks. That's including paying for the incubatorOriginally Posted by marchick
That was why I thought not getting as many eggs isn't that bad of thing! I had like 55 laying chickens and sold off the whole flock. I couldn't sell all the eggs at $2.00 a dozen. I would get like 14 dozen a week and sell like 5 dozen a week! I have been there!!!! I thought I will just get a few of the chickens I liked and hatch a few babies to sell and help pay the feed for my addiction! I was only selling enough eggs to pay for about 1/3 of my feed. Not good!post #29466 of 348271/14/16 at 3:18pmQuote:
Almost even would be awsome! I don't want to go into buisness. I just want to support my addiction of little fuzzy butts!!!! They are so cute!!! love them!post #29467 of 348271/14/16 at 4:10pmQuote:
That's all I'm doing. Chicken math just got into exponents at my house, so it takes more to feed the hobbypost #29468 of 348271/14/16 at 4:47pmQuote:
Plausible deniability! Not sure how many I have out there!!!! I never counted them! Could be... only.... possably... maybe..... might be.... shouldn't be more then....... I kinda thought Hmmmmmm!!!!!! around......!!!!!! Forgot what I was talking about! Oh well! What do you think of the weather! lovely ain't it!post #29469 of 348271/14/16 at 7:23pmQuote:
Your Tribbles aren't helping things...Vision without action is just a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.Vision without action is just a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.post #29470 of 348271/14/16 at 7:28pm"Know well the condition of your flocks...." Proverbs 27:23"Know well the condition of your flocks...." Proverbs 27:23
- The Chicken Chapel
- › *Hidden Nature* A Shapeshifting RP 3 seconds ago
- › *Buff Orpington Thread!* 7 seconds ago
- › Breeding for Red Pyle 32 seconds ago
- › The last letter Game 34 seconds ago
- › The Q&A Game! 54 seconds ago
- › Arizona Chickens 59 seconds ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 1 minute ago
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 1 minute ago
- › Lets count to a million 1 minute ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 1 minute ago
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.