Yes,It will also depend on if they hatch on time.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE Last post on Yesterday at 7:43 am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cashs Blue Eggs and Araucanas Lanae Cash Willits, CA 95490 email@example.com Last post on 12/17/15 at 6:19pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:01pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds - Page 2957
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #29562 of 348491/17/16 at 2:53amQuote:
Nothing will stand between me and my babies! I would get a good look at those flaring nostrils when I am laying on the ground looking up at them! I might even be able to tell if it's a he! I am sure I could figure that out!post #29563 of 348491/17/16 at 2:54ampost #29564 of 348491/17/16 at 6:57ampost #29565 of 348491/17/16 at 7:49amQuote:Originally Posted by RavynFallen
I've been wanting to get an order from you, still working on getting my OH to agree, lol... but I was curious about your Silvers? I love them, but not many have info on them... are they comparable to the other varieties in lay rate, temperament and all? Any major differences with them? Just wondering why they aren't more popular...
I have limited experience with Silvers as i am using them for a olive egger project but they do not lay well at all . the eggs are not much larger than my bantam brown red's. They are a beautiful sweet bird thoughQuote:Originally Posted by FowlStuff
If exhibiting and winning is your main goal then blacks are the way to go. With LF they also have nice blue colored eggs (a little too dark/turquoise), but remember not all stains/lines of any variety are the same. I suggest going with the color/pattern (variety) that appeals most to your eye. Try a few different varieties to find out what you like best.
Even though my LF silvers are/were flightier than other LF varieties, mine are probably the calmest strain of LF silver Ameraucanas. It is all relative and there are exceptions to every rule.
When I created many of these varieties decades ago they weren't developed to where they are now, so characteristics change and charts rating those characteristics have to be updated. Several years ago my LF blacks laid more greenish eggs and my LF silvers were too small, but I don't know of anyone that had better. Continuous improvement is my goal.
are you raising Brown Red's ? I have bantams but am wanting larger .
My silvers from Jerry have been very calm. I need to get more though as I use them for a crele olive egger project.
the olive eggers seem to lay well.
California Certified Nursery Pro
Breeding Crele Penedesenca ,Black Penedesenca and White Empordanesa
Crele Olive Eggers
Bantam Brown Red Ameraucana
"Penedesenca Breeders and Fan Club " on Facebookpost #29566 of 348491/17/16 at 7:52am
Edited by samouw - 1/17/16 at 7:53ampost #29567 of 348491/17/16 at 12:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by hcammack
I was hoping to replicate something like the Marans thread for Ameraucanas. Not EE's but pure Ameraucana only please! Just hope we can talk about our eggs, breeding, showing, and post pictures of your beautiful birds.
Hello I'm looking for peeps or eggs of Wheatons ameruicana and araucana. Yes wanting true breeds please my state does not have true breeds thank youpost #29568 of 348491/17/16 at 3:00pmpost #29569 of 348491/17/16 at 3:04pmpost #29570 of 348491/17/16 at 3:07pm
- The Chicken Chapel
- › FOWL Celebrity Lookalike Contest! Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/... 19 seconds ago
- › HALLOWEGG Decorating Contest- Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts,... 28 seconds ago
- › Fall/Autumn Poultry PHOTO Contest! Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/... 34 seconds ago
- › PUMPKIN CARVING Contest- Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts,... 40 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 1 minute ago
- › FACE PAINTING CONTEST- Halloween Hatch-a-long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike,... 1 minute ago
- › 📝guess the number for a chance to judge a contest 📝 1 minute ago
- › Adult & Kids Costume Contest! Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts,... 1 minute ago
- › The official BYC “Poultry SHAMING” Thread! w/ Hosts, Mike & Sally 3 minutes ago
- › Clipping guineas wings 3 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Coq au Vin
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page