I am getting a pink chick for my car window! I thought about joining but I don't know enough about the breed yet! I thought I would keep reading for a couple more years till I know more! I am trying!
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE Last post on Yesterday at 8:53 pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cashs Blue Eggs and Araucanas Lanae Cash Willits, CA 95490 firstname.lastname@example.org Last post on 12/17/15 at 6:19pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:01pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds - Page 2960post #29591 of 348431/18/16 at 5:25pmQuote:
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #29592 of 348431/18/16 at 5:30pm
I'll be publishing a new Ameraucana Handbook by June and all members of the Ameraucana Alliance will receive one. This will be our 5th edition and the 4th that I've published.post #29593 of 348431/18/16 at 5:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by FowlStuff
I'll be publishing a new Ameraucana Handbook by June and all members of the Ameraucana Alliance will receive one. This will be our 5th edition and the 4th that I've published.
You published 4 handbooks last year since the Alliance was formed? That had to be expensive!
Is that self published or are you having a printer run them?
Edited by samouw - 1/18/16 at 5:45pmpost #29594 of 348431/18/16 at 5:53pmpost #29595 of 348431/18/16 at 7:24pmpost #29596 of 348431/18/16 at 7:25pmpost #29597 of 348431/18/16 at 7:32pmQuote:Blue wheaten roosters are the best looking rosters😆Originally Posted by FowlStuff
Bantam wheatens were the first Ameraucana chickens. They have proper type, size and lay blue eggs.
LF wheatens/blue wheatens lack Ameraucana type in my opinion. I bred them for years and helped improve them, but the color/pattern was not one of my favorites and when I cut back they were some of the first to go. In general they are good layers of bluish eggs. Several Alliance members breed them and offer them for sale when available. When looking for top breeders to buy from I suggest breeders with good reputations and/or references. Also consider those that only breed that one variety.
http://ameraucanaalliance.org/DnLd/Directory.pdfpost #29598 of 348431/18/16 at 7:43pmpost #29599 of 348431/18/16 at 7:54pmpost #29600 of 348431/18/16 at 8:12pmQuote:
REMEMBER PRICES CHANGE but this is what I payed when I placed my order with Paul Smith. It is cheaper if you are in Texas and adjoining states! I live in Washington and I did the prices for express mail. Anything over 25 chicks was $10 a chick shipped.If you order less.The price per chick shipped is higher! Remember prices are subject to change but this was what I paid when I placed my order.Best bet e-mail Paul and he will send you the prices! He is a very nice preson to deal with! He has awsome birds!
Edited by marchick - 1/18/16 at 8:16pm
- The Chicken Chapel
- › Bisquick, Buttermilk, Snap, and Junior's Chicken Chat Thread!... 1 second ago
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 12 seconds ago
- › Saddle and Hackle development 26 seconds ago
- › Poultry school, Enroll Today! (chickens/ducks/geese,Any poultry!) 32 seconds ago
- › How long does broody hen stay fertile? 40 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 42 seconds ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 59 seconds ago
- › 18+ Purebred Silkie Hatching Eggs 1 minute ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 1 minute ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 1 minute ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...