Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE Last post on Yesterday at 8:48 pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cashs Blue Eggs and Araucanas Lanae Cash Willits, CA 95490 firstname.lastname@example.org Last post on 12/17/15 at 6:19pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:01pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds - Page 3045
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #30442 of 348262/19/16 at 4:47pmQuote:
My guess would be coming from the same hen, but I've never had blues, so....it's just a guesspost #30443 of 348262/19/16 at 4:50pmpost #30444 of 348262/19/16 at 5:05pmQuote:I've been looking for good looking Faverolles. Where did you get yours, if you don't mind me asking ?Originally Posted by bruceha2000
Yep. Both my Faverolles and Cubalaya chicks were yellow, the fifth toe on the Favs was the easiest way to distinguish them. And the EEs and Partridge Chanteclers were all chipmunk. Green legs on the EEs helped us figure out which were which. One EE turned out brown partridge with black head and tail and gold/black "shawl", the other was orange (sadly fox food 2 years ago).
Of last year's chicks, two EEs were chipmunk, one turned out orange and black "laced" (*) the other brown partridge with a black tail but gold head and gold/black "shawl". The third was nearly indistinguishable from the WRs at first then slowly put on a lovely apricot pattern starting at her head and working back. Less apricot closer to her white tail.
* maybe someone can tell me what this pattern is called (if anything)?post #30445 of 348262/19/16 at 5:42pmQuote:
Would be interesting to keep records on it.post #30446 of 348262/19/16 at 6:12pmpost #30447 of 348262/19/16 at 6:26pmpost #30448 of 348262/19/16 at 6:33pmQuote:
Oh gosh I love them!!!! Especially the one on the far left! LOOKIE DEM CHEEKIES!post #30449 of 348262/19/16 at 7:21pmpost #30450 of 348262/19/16 at 8:10pm
- The Chicken Chapel
Currently, there are 1536 Active Users (176 Members and 1360 Guests)
- › Granny's gone and done it again 3 seconds ago
- › Hen attacked by dog 37 seconds ago
- › Do I have multiple layers? 58 seconds ago
- › Partridge Silkies - Nothing else 1 minute ago
- › Broken beaks 1 minute ago
- › BYC Café 2 minutes ago
- › ***OKIES in the BYC III *** 2 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 2 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 2 minutes ago
- › Lethargic, paralyzed and dying 2 minutes ago
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.