Well more info would be helpful. Like where you are located, if you are looking for chicks, eggs or full grown birds. Shipping is expensive so I'm guessing you will want to pick them up yourself to save on $?
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE Last post on 10/5/16 at 1:02pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cashs Blue Eggs and Araucanas Lanae Cash Willits, CA 95490 email@example.com Last post on 12/17/15 at 6:19pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:01pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds - Page 3050post #30491 of 348102/23/16 at 9:10amQuote:
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #30492 of 348102/23/16 at 9:20amQuote:Originally Posted by samouw
I candled this next hatch last week and the fertility looked great on the wheatens, not so great on the blacks. Really need for those black AM boys and girls to step up! LOL
Are you coming to Edgefield this weekend? As of last night, I was the only one entered Ameraucanas. :(
If fertility does not improve much you could try trimming the vent feathers on the rooster . Extra fluff is not common in Amerauacana but I have encountered it once . Hens next if needed .Charter member of the Ameraucana Alliance. Helped develop the breed.Charter member of the Ameraucana Alliance. Helped develop the breed.post #30493 of 348102/23/16 at 11:10amQuote:
I read about that ... I think on the forum, but not sure what I'm looking for or how much to trim. I think I'll check those roosters later and see if there seems to be extra fluff around the vent.
Thanks, Jerry!post #30494 of 348102/23/16 at 11:29ampost #30495 of 348102/23/16 at 11:32am
Western District Director,
Ameraucana Breeders Club
Western District Director,
Ameraucana Breeders Clubpost #30496 of 348102/23/16 at 1:07pm
Check out the Ameraucana Directory.post #30497 of 348102/24/16 at 6:01ampost #30498 of 348102/24/16 at 1:46pmQuote:
Sawmill Chicken Farm, Live Oak Florida
check out the website
Cream Legbars, Black Copper Marans, Cuckoo Marans, Ameraucanas, Olive Eggers and an Araucana with a tail.
Cream Legbars, Black Copper Marans, Cuckoo Marans, Ameraucanas, Olive Eggers and an Araucana with a tail.post #30499 of 348102/24/16 at 2:04pm
Sand Castles Farm is adding a new variety to the Ameraucana line-up. Well, actually two varieties - Blue and Splash!
I've been waiting for these eggs since I first spoke to Sharon Yorks about them last fall. She's been keeping me updated and, as soon as she had enough fresh eggs to send, off they flew from Ohio to SC. And here they are!
They are sitting for a few days to settle the air cells, then will be going into the incubator on Monday. These come out of Sharon's own line, with a few hens from Max Strawn that she got from him at the National (one went Reserve Breed at the National) added in.
I really can't wait to see my little blue and splash fluffy butts!
Ignore the egg cartons - they've been moved to a rack for a few days while the air cells settle.
Edited by samouw - 2/24/16 at 2:05pmpost #30500 of 348102/24/16 at 2:10pm
- The Chicken Chapel
- › Your way to selling eggs? 15 seconds ago
- › Orpington looks like the best fit for me, but... 33 seconds ago
- › nipple watering system 42 seconds ago
- › Toddlers are Quackers 53 seconds ago
- › Keeping younger hens in a mixed aged flock out of laying boxes 1 minute ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 2 minutes ago
- › Bisquick, Buttermilk, Snap, and Junior's Chicken Chat Thread!... 2 minutes ago
- › Baytril dose? 3 minutes ago
- › American serama thread! 5 minutes ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 8 minutes ago
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.