I've been around SC too long. I was a little too nervous to google it, and it's not a term I'm familiar with.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE Last post on Yesterday at 8:48 pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cashs Blue Eggs and Araucanas Lanae Cash Willits, CA 95490 firstname.lastname@example.org Last post on 12/17/15 at 6:19pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:01pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds - Page 3071
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #30702 of 348273/1/16 at 2:04pmQuote:
Well, given that bit of information, it is possible those chicks, from the splash pen, are white. :)
For the rest of you guys....no one has ever heard the "flagpole expert" term before? I'm feeling very old....Quote:
You flatter me. :) LOL
Ok, I'll give in (I'm soooo easy!). It is an old military term. Basically, anyone that was out of site of the flagpole on his "home" base, was considered an expert. It was also used as a reference to marriage for some "player" types. They were only married as long as they were in sight of that same flagpole.post #30703 of 348273/1/16 at 2:04pmpost #30704 of 348273/1/16 at 2:04pmQuote:
So if I end up with one maybe two white! Can I breed to black?post #30705 of 348273/1/16 at 2:05pmQuote:
Stick around - there's lot more to learn here...not all of it about Ameraucanas. LOLpost #30706 of 348273/1/16 at 2:07pmpost #30707 of 348273/1/16 at 2:07pm
I would. I'd just make sure I kept a record and tagged those chicks so I'd know they were carrying the recessive white. That seems to be hidden away in quite a few of the Ameraucana gene pools.post #30708 of 348273/1/16 at 2:08pm
that's how I felt when I came back and there were 33 unread messages!post #30709 of 348273/1/16 at 2:09pmQuote:Maybe it's just me, but that sounds like a way to make a cull pen of beautiful birds. Would that not be a trait to try and cull away from?
Edited by scflock - 3/1/16 at 2:10pmpost #30710 of 348273/1/16 at 2:17pmQuote:
I think I need to check those chicks again maybe its only from the one pen.One chick was from one pen.Three where from a different pen.
- The Chicken Chapel
- › Good, cheap online source for hardware cloth? 4 minutes ago
- › Australia - Six states..and that funny little island. 6 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!! 10 minutes ago
- › Ugh! Stupid young rooster... 13 minutes ago
- › Quail pen ideas 15 minutes ago
- › Coturnix-Pics 20 minutes ago
- › *Buff Orpington Thread!* 20 minutes ago
- › Sexing Day Old Chicks 23 minutes ago
- › When Do Button Quail Chicks Start Eating? 28 minutes ago
- › 3 drakes, 1 hen...Help! 30 minutes ago
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.