Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE Last post on Yesterday at 9:49 pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cashs Blue Eggs and Araucanas Lanae Cash Willits, CA 95490 firstname.lastname@example.org Last post on 12/17/15 at 6:19pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:01pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds - Page 3095
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #30942 of 348433/4/16 at 8:09pmpost #30943 of 348433/4/16 at 8:13pmQuote:
Thank you! It's going to be a long 12-14 weeks!
Edited by marchick - 3/4/16 at 8:16pmpost #30944 of 348433/4/16 at 8:14pmQuote:post #30945 of 348433/4/16 at 8:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by brucvl
Actually my little hand breeder chick had a smooth comb looked like a girl the comb did. From day 1 the feet were larger too. So this chick was real beefy with a smaller comb & the other wasn't as masculine but had a much bigger comb. My females combs were more yellowish colored also.
My guess would have been the wider combs roosters! I sure hope I get more hens then roosters!
Edited by marchick - 3/4/16 at 8:19pmpost #30946 of 348433/4/16 at 8:24pmQuote:
Meet Penny. She's an Easter Egger, but she's had a three row comb since she hatched. I knew she was a pullet for sure, because she is also a black sexlink.
Pullets with a correct pea comb should have three rows, just like the boys.post #30947 of 348433/4/16 at 8:30pmpost #30948 of 348433/4/16 at 8:51pmpost #30949 of 348433/4/16 at 8:53pmpost #30950 of 348433/4/16 at 8:56pmQuote:
Except I went through a year and a half trying to find a good, decent quality rooster for those girls...
Here's what I do... I say all mine are boys until proven different, then each pullet is a pleasant surprise...
Plus, boys are super prolific here, no matter the species... my first Call duck hatch turned out to be all drakes... no joke...Quote:
Exactly... and that's why I never judge the sex of a pea comber by rows...
But, as you hatch and grow out you'll notice little idiosyncrasies within your own flock... I can now guess 90% accuracy on my Am's sex by a few weeks old... and Silkies the same... so I don't doubt Susan's gender picks on her chicks...Frawg MuseFrawg Muse
- The Chicken Chapel
- › Clucksville elementary! 6 seconds ago
- › Want some information for future practice 42 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › CHICKEN / FOWL NAMES! To Name or Not to Name? Do You Name Yours? ... 1 minute ago
- › HELP! My 3 week old light brahma is lame. 1 minute ago
- › Landscaping and Plantings for a Free Range Flock 2 minutes ago
- › The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding Thread from a Breeder without... 2 minutes ago
- › Silver Laced Wyandotte sexing 2 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 3 minutes ago
- › Any experience with Frontline on chickens with mites? 3 minutes ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page