They look Awsome!
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE Last post on 10/5/16 at 1:02pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cashs Blue Eggs and Araucanas Lanae Cash Willits, CA 95490 firstname.lastname@example.org Last post on 12/17/15 at 6:19pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:01pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds - Page 3100
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #30992 of 347993/5/16 at 1:32pm
Sometimes I don't know how I keep my head on straight. Didn't occur to me to get pictures of the eggs waiting to be set.
Wheaten/blue wheaten eggs to the right and blacks to the left. You can see the paler eggs in there that I posted about earlier.
Edited by samouw - 3/5/16 at 1:32pmpost #30993 of 347993/5/16 at 1:46pmQuote:
I was just curious because I heard that the Wheaten eggs where smaller eggs then the blue and black. They started out nice blue but lighten quickly to almost white. Also that the hens layed fewer eggs. I know every line is different! I just wondered what you thought since you have them. They look Awsome! Not at all the picture I had in my head when I heard the description!!!post #30994 of 347993/5/16 at 1:48pmQuote:Those are pretty! So do blacks lay the bluest eggs in general?Originally Posted by samouw
My wheatens are not being cooperative today. Here is a picture of the eggs from the black pens, laid so far. The picture of the big basket is from 4-14-14 - so two years ago, off my website. With the exception of a few turkey eggs and some Marans eggs, these are all from my wheaten/blue wheatens.
These are both taken outside, in natural light, on my cell phone.
A few from my black pens today.
This year, I have a couple of hens that are laying a darker blue, and two that are laying very pale eggs."Know well the condition of your flocks...." Proverbs 27:23"Know well the condition of your flocks...." Proverbs 27:23post #30995 of 347993/5/16 at 1:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by marchick
I was just curious because I heard that the Wheaten eggs where smaller eggs then the blue and black. They started out nice blue but lighten quickly to almost white. Also that the hens layed fewer eggs. I know every line is different! I just wondered what you thought since you have them. They look Awsome! Not at all the picture I had in my head when I heard the description!!!
I keep track, through the laying season, how many eggs are being produced per pen. If there seems to be someone not producing, I'll isolate the hens so I know who isn't producing. She'll be culled/sold as an EE.post #30996 of 347993/5/16 at 1:52pmQuote:
My blacks are laying a slightly darker blue than my wheatens - but that's just my birds. I can't speak for others. :)post #30997 of 347993/5/16 at 3:25pmQuote:
My blacks and my one lavender lay a bluer egg that my blue, she lays a greenish blue egg. My araucanas eggs are almost white now, just a faint blue.
Cream Legbars, Black Copper Marans, Cuckoo Marans, Ameraucanas, Olive Eggers and an Araucana with a tail.
Cream Legbars, Black Copper Marans, Cuckoo Marans, Ameraucanas, Olive Eggers and an Araucana with a tail.post #30998 of 347993/5/16 at 4:28pm
Well in about 6 short months I will let you know what mine lay! lol You know there is a lot of waiting! You wait for them to hatch.Then you wait to find out the gender.Then you wait for them to lay and then you start all over again! This is not for the I want it now person that can't wait for Christmas!post #30999 of 347993/5/16 at 5:19pmQuote:
No Ameraucana variety, except silver! But percheron is right, the vast majority of ameraucana chicks will not have a chipmunky down color. The key is really who you received the birds in question from, as many hatcheries sell exclusively Easter Eggers
Dropping in after a long break, good to be enjoying this breed again soon. I'm happy to see this thread has thrived
Chicken obsessed since who knows!
Chicken obsessed since who knows!
*Pennsylvania 4H*post #31000 of 347993/5/16 at 5:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by marchick
Well in about 6 short months I will let you know what mine lay! lol You know there is a lot of waiting! You wait for them to hatch.Then you wait to find out the gender.Then you wait for them to lay and then you start all over again! This is not for the I want it now person that can't wait for Christmas!
LOL! Very true. If you're looking for instant gratification, buy a chocolate cake. :)
- The Chicken Chapel
- › ^The Two Forests^ A Shapeshifting RP 10 seconds ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 1 minute ago
- › ISA Brown or something else? 1 minute ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 3 minutes ago
- › Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN 3 minutes ago
- › 2017 BYC Calendars- PRE-ORDER NOW! 3 minutes ago
- › When to start deep litter 3 minutes ago
- › The Natural Chicken Keeping thread - OTs welcome! 4 minutes ago
- › Young hen with no belly feathers 5 minutes ago
- › Child At Heart, Monster By Nature (Chat Thread) 5 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.
- › Don't Know Where To Find/Ask/Post...
- › A Flock Tale