Whats best watch your chicks while you eat the cake!
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE Last post on Today at 7:43 am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cashs Blue Eggs and Araucanas Lanae Cash Willits, CA 95490 firstname.lastname@example.org Last post on 12/17/15 at 6:19pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:01pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds - Page 3101post #31002 of 348493/5/16 at 5:54pmpost #31003 of 348493/5/16 at 6:01pmQuote:
You can find breeders in the breeders directory here: http://ameraucana.org/breedersdirectory.htmlpost #31004 of 348493/5/16 at 7:03pmQuote:
Check the Ameraucana Directory.post #31005 of 348493/5/16 at 7:44pmQuote:Yes, & it will be interesting to see what I end up with & what I keep when their grown outOriginally Posted by samouw
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but....don't spread yourself too thin across multiple varieties. Get comfortable with one or two, then slowly add more.
I worked with just the wheatens/blue wheatens for five years before I added blacks, then added blues this year. My plan was to add black and whites last year, but the whites didn't pan out, so I'm adding blues this year. I can also tell you that it takes at least two pens per variety to maintain any kind of genetic diversity, and more is better.
Not that I don't want to sell you chicks, you understand...Quote:He looks real sharp!Quote:So many to choose from!Quote:Originally Posted by scflock
I totally agree. I fell into that trap a couple of years ago, and it's overwhelming. I'm shifting my focus now to the AMs and BCM, and still am a pen or two short. There are so many fascinating colors, but I'd rather focus on learning and improving what I have than get overwhelmed with too many flocksQuote:Now that's a basket of eggs! Very nice!Originally Posted by samouw
My wheatens are not being cooperative today. Here is a picture of the eggs from the black pens, laid so far. The picture of the big basket is from 4-14-14 - so two years ago, off my website. With the exception of a few turkey eggs and some Marans eggs, these are all from my wheaten/blue wheatens.
These are both taken outside, in natural light, on my cell phone.
A few from my black pens today.
This year, I have a couple of hens that are laying a darker blue, and two that are laying very pale eggs.
Edited by Miss Ameraucana - 3/5/16 at 7:46pmpost #31006 of 348493/5/16 at 8:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by samouw
You can find breeders in the breeders directory here: http://ameraucana.org/breedersdirectory.htmlQuote:Originally Posted by FowlStuff
Check the Ameraucana Directory.
http://ameraucanaalliance.org/DnLd/Directory.pdfpost #31007 of 348493/6/16 at 8:21am"Know well the condition of your flocks...." Proverbs 27:23"Know well the condition of your flocks...." Proverbs 27:23post #31008 of 348493/6/16 at 1:43pm
FInally setting my first Ameraucana eggs. So Excited! I have 8 shipped eggs, 2 BW and 6 BBS SiAms. ! of each variety looks good, I'm really doubtful of the other 6 but I will set them and hope.
Wooooo!post #31009 of 348493/6/16 at 2:37pmpost #31010 of 348493/6/16 at 3:17pm
- The Chicken Chapel
- › Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps 5 seconds ago
- › Norman the Rooster 13 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? 47 seconds ago
- › Anything Art :) 48 seconds ago
- › Cocci treatment.. Need advice please 1 minute ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 1 minute ago
- › Lazy or sick chicken? 2 minutes ago
- › November 2016 Hatch-a-long!! 2 minutes ago
- › RodNTN's chat thread! 2 minutes ago
- › What religion do you belong to? 2 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...