Edited by scflock - 3/11/16 at 4:25pm
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE Last post on 10/5/16 at 1:02pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cashs Blue Eggs and Araucanas Lanae Cash Willits, CA 95490 firstname.lastname@example.org Last post on 12/17/15 at 6:19pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:01pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds - Page 3125post #31242 of 348153/11/16 at 4:28pmpost #31243 of 348153/11/16 at 4:32pmpost #31244 of 348153/11/16 at 5:01pmpost #31245 of 348153/11/16 at 5:19pmQuote:
Cream Legbars, Black Copper Marans, Cuckoo Marans, Ameraucanas, Olive Eggers and an Araucana with a tail.
Cream Legbars, Black Copper Marans, Cuckoo Marans, Ameraucanas, Olive Eggers and an Araucana with a tail.post #31246 of 348153/11/16 at 5:20pmpost #31247 of 348153/11/16 at 5:21pmpost #31248 of 348153/11/16 at 5:23pmpost #31249 of 348153/11/16 at 5:36pmQuote:
Ameraucana are a recognized breed, with specific traits. Easter Eggers are not a 'breed' but a type of chicken. They have been bred randomly by hatcheries purely for egg laying. No other specific traits have been selected for. Therefore, there is no telling what your Easter Egger chicks will grow up to look like or even know what color egg a pullet will lay.
With true Ameraucana, you know exactly what you are getting, and they are always sold with a color variety specified.post #31250 of 348153/11/16 at 5:36pmQuote:
There is an article in this bulletin "Ameraucana vs EE" that addresses the differences. :)
- The Chicken Chapel
- › Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps 9 seconds ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 1 minute ago
- › BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT. 1 minute ago
- › Cackling before they lay 1 minute ago
- › Switch Food? 1 minute ago
- › Boys VS Girls 1 minute ago
- › Kaye's free range turkey thread 2 minutes ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 2 minutes ago
- › Which Chicken Breeds are the Best Winter Layers? 3 minutes ago
- › Tips on telling hens from toms? 3 minutes ago
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.