Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE Last post on 10/5/16 at 1:02pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cashs Blue Eggs and Araucanas Lanae Cash Willits, CA 95490 firstname.lastname@example.org Last post on 12/17/15 at 6:19pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:01pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds - Page 3175post #31742 of 348033/24/16 at 5:17ampost #31743 of 348033/24/16 at 5:18am
Speaking of wheatens Susan...... I am going to try to take some pics today. The babies are all so cute. Thanks again for my beautiful babies.
Cream Legbars, Black Copper Marans, Cuckoo Marans, Ameraucanas, Olive Eggers and an Araucana with a tail.
Cream Legbars, Black Copper Marans, Cuckoo Marans, Ameraucanas, Olive Eggers and an Araucana with a tail.post #31744 of 348033/24/16 at 5:25amThe chicks have arrived! The post office called at 7am and I threw some clothes on and rushed off to pick them up. All arrived safely and are heathy and beautiful. <32 dogs, 6 cats, 40 chickens (australorps, wyandottes, and easter eggers), lots of tropical fish, and a toddler.2 dogs, 6 cats, 40 chickens (australorps, wyandottes, and easter eggers), lots of tropical fish, and a toddler.post #31745 of 348033/24/16 at 5:30amQuote:
I can't wait to see them!post #31746 of 348033/24/16 at 5:56ampost #31747 of 348033/24/16 at 6:09amQuote:Originally Posted by junebuggena
Ameraucana are refined Easter Eggers. They all came from the same originally imported birds. The difference is that Ameraucana have been carefully bred with a specific 'standard' in mind for many years. Easter Eggers have not been bred with any kind of standard in mind. I'm working on my own line of Easter Eggers, trying to get a consistent result. Eventually, my birds will breed true. But that goal is still many, many years away.
That's new breeds are created. One person works to get a bunch of birds to consistently produce more of the same. Then, other people want to try breeding those birds too. Pretty soon, you have a breed club, or two. Then you can work on getting the 'breed' recognized by the APA.
The main issue with the Faverolle crosses, are those pesky extra toes. If you can manage to get rid of that trait entirely, you may be able to get a Salmon Ameraucana club going, or ask the breed clubs to include it as a 'project' variety.
I appreciate your down to earth answer. There is a lot of Am blood in mixed birds that, if not for evident physical characteristics like blue egg, muffs and beards, and blue shanks, could easily be overlooked in a flock.
No extra toes on mine. I was lucky in that they were not present in the first generation and haven't reappeared in successive generations. I do have issues with yellow shanks and with a tendency to a comb that is a little too tall for a pea comb on the boys. They are pretty birds and great layers of lovely light blue eggs, but I look forward to seeing what pure Ams perform and look like.post #31748 of 348033/24/16 at 7:50am"Know well the condition of your flocks...." Proverbs 27:23"Know well the condition of your flocks...." Proverbs 27:23post #31749 of 348033/24/16 at 7:50amBlessings from our farm to yours! Our pets include cattle- Australian Shepherds and Silver Laced Wyandotte'sBlessings from our farm to yours! Our pets include cattle- Australian Shepherds and Silver Laced Wyandotte'spost #31750 of 348033/24/16 at 10:20amBoy or Girl?
I feel like I'm posting too much but I enjoy this thread and all the friends I've made and your wealth of endless knowledge.!😊
If someone wants to give it a shot I'd sure appreciate it! Is it still too soon? Are there any obvious ones?
My chicks are 2 1/2 weeks old.
Combs are more distinct now and definitely seeing personalities start to develope.
- The Chicken Chapel
- › Child At Heart, Monster By Nature (Chat Thread) 3 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 23 seconds ago
- › Hands on hatching and help 30 seconds ago
- › BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT. 54 seconds ago
- › INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! 1 minute ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 2 minutes ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 2 minutes ago
- › building paradise for the birds 2 minutes ago
- › Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps 3 minutes ago
- › RodNTN's chat thread! 3 minutes ago
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.