I have two that are that dark, but I just assumed they were black...they might just surprise me yet!
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE Last post on Today at 7:43 am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cashs Blue Eggs and Araucanas Lanae Cash Willits, CA 95490 email@example.com Last post on 12/17/15 at 6:19pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:01pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds - Page 3230post #32291 of 348494/19/16 at 2:26pmQuote:post #32292 of 348494/19/16 at 2:31pmQuote:
I'm really glad you have the lighter blues to compare. I'm so new to this, I just don't know exactly what direction I should be heading. I'm going to do some blue/blue breedings with these dark blues next year. I suspect that, like you said, the colors may be all over the map. That's why I want a good blue cockerel. I want to see what it takes to get some consistency in my colors, and what I can use in those offspring to improve other traits. That's why I'm so excited to be getting one of your cockerels. I think that new blood is going to be very beneficial since I'm breeding on such a small scalepost #32293 of 348494/19/16 at 2:32pmpost #32294 of 348494/19/16 at 2:33pmpost #32295 of 348494/19/16 at 2:35pmpost #32296 of 348494/19/16 at 2:36pmpost #32297 of 348494/19/16 at 2:39pmQuote:
I just looked back at the pictures of your blacks. The longer I have these birds, the more I'm noticing things I didn't before. That feathering is so tight! Really nice looking birds. My AMs have good feathering, but my new BCM are disappointing me a little. A few are good, most are decent, but a few are downright loose and sloppy looking. I'm so glad I'm doing Ameraucanas, because I'm starting to believe the 90% cull rate on BCMpost #32298 of 348494/19/16 at 2:58pm
Cream Legbars, Black Copper Marans, Cuckoo Marans, Ameraucanas, Olive Eggers and an Araucana with a tail.
Cream Legbars, Black Copper Marans, Cuckoo Marans, Ameraucanas, Olive Eggers and an Araucana with a tail.post #32299 of 348494/19/16 at 2:59pmpost #32300 of 348494/19/16 at 3:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by DnDFarm
I just looked back at the pictures of your blacks. The longer I have these birds, the more I'm noticing things I didn't before. That feathering is so tight! Really nice looking birds. My AMs have good feathering, but my new BCM are disappointing me a little. A few are good, most are decent, but a few are downright loose and sloppy looking. I'm so glad I'm doing Ameraucanas, because I'm starting to believe the 90% cull rate on BCM
Oh Nooooo! They are still young and can change!!!!
- The Chicken Chapel
- › *Hidden Nature* A Shapeshifting RP 44 seconds ago
- › Silkie thread! 1 minute ago
- › Heating Our Coops 2 minutes ago
- › Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps 3 minutes ago
- › NY chicken lover!!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Sex- linked Information 3 minutes ago
- › I've been lurking too long! -Harvard, MA 3 minutes ago
- › Which type of Wyandotte are my girls? 4 minutes ago
- › Poorly Hen ... any advice would be greatly appreciated 4 minutes ago
- › Hello , I'm New Member from Egypt ;) 7 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Coq au Vin
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page