Snoozy is always nesting and Artie is always looking for a way to weasel in and steal her warm spot. Not sure on the color variety yet.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE Last post on 10/22/16 at 8:48pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cashs Blue Eggs and Araucanas Lanae Cash Willits, CA 95490 firstname.lastname@example.org Last post on 12/17/15 at 6:19pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:01pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds - Page 3238
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #32372 of 348364/20/16 at 1:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by samouw
Wheatens and blue wheatens don't hatch with slate legs, they color in slowly and may not have full color until they are several months old. These pictures were taken under roof. They are not willow, that would require yellow skin. You can see the pale flesh color on their toes and the bone colored beak
The 3-yr-old BW Am I have left has very light almost white legs. The willow legs I saw in your photo must've been bad lighting on my 'puter. Someone on one of these BYC posts said the Buff, W/BW Ams were problematic for them to have nice slate legs and was something to perfect. Obviously it is possible to perfect since the sister to my BW had nice light blue feathering and blue legs but my one survivor is not so. However, to my breeder's credit I DID ask for PQ juveniles but she managed to send me one nice variety but as luck would have it she didn't survive .post #32373 of 348364/20/16 at 2:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sylvester017
The 3-yr-old BW Am I have left has very light almost white legs. The willow legs I saw in your photo must've been bad lighting on my 'puter. Someone on one of these BYC posts said the Buff, W/BW Ams were problematic for them to have nice slate legs and was something to perfect. Obviously it is possible to perfect since the sister to my BW had nice light blue feathering and blue legs but my one survivor is not so. However, to my breeder's credit I DID ask for PQ juveniles but she managed to send me one nice variety but as luck would have it she didn't survive .
I haven't had an issue with light legs on my wheatens/blue wheatens here, but there is always something that a breeder is trying to perfect on their line. :)
Here is a picture of two of my "keepers" from last year - these are both out of my lines.post #32374 of 348364/20/16 at 2:19pmpost #32375 of 348364/20/16 at 3:37pmQuote:
The male's legs showed nicely but the hen didn't show up well on my enhanced image. Got more photos on a hen? Pretty birds.post #32376 of 348364/20/16 at 4:16pmQuote:
You can see more pictures of wheatens and blue wheatens at ameraucana.org/gallery.htmlpost #32377 of 348364/20/16 at 4:24pmpost #32378 of 348364/20/16 at 4:25pm2 dogs, 6 cats, 40 chickens (australorps, wyandottes, and easter eggers), lots of tropical fish, and a toddler.2 dogs, 6 cats, 40 chickens (australorps, wyandottes, and easter eggers), lots of tropical fish, and a toddler.post #32379 of 348364/20/16 at 4:34pmpost #32380 of 348364/20/16 at 4:51pm
- The Chicken Chapel
- › Mystery chicks 54 seconds ago
- › 3 Barred Rock Chicks, 8 Weeks old - Roos or pullets? 2 minutes ago
- › What's the gender of my silkies? 3 minutes ago
- › Favorite chicken treats on amazon? 3 minutes ago
- › Salmon Faverolle chicks... What Gender? 5 minutes ago
- › Best predator proof automatic coop door 6 minutes ago
- › When do Wyandottes generally start laying? 6 minutes ago
- › Getting that dark orange yolk in the high desert?! 7 minutes ago
- › Sexing Day Old Chicks 7 minutes ago
- › 3 month old silkies need help with sexing please 8 minutes ago
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.