Wow - it's the APA Annual meet too...here's the link to the contact info: http://www.amerpoultryassn.com/meet_dates.htm
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 5/3/13 at 4:33pm in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- Light Brahma breeders- bantam or standard Last post on 9/10/12 at 7:14am in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Show quality LF Light or Dark Brahamas?? Last post on 2/10/13 at 6:41pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Anyone Ordered from a Hatchery? Last post on 4/15/13 at 7:39pm in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- Genetics question Last post on 1/20/12 at 8:21am in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
The Villano Flock
Edited on 2/2/13
- Cloverleaf FarmEdited on 8/2/12
- Farm DazeEdited on 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsEdited on 6/27/11
- Faverolles Salmon And Blue SalmonEdited on 1/10/12
I will start by saying that I love Australorps. In fact, my very favorite hen is an Australorp. She is such a sweet chicken and just let's you walk right up to her to pick her up. She doesn't run...
I couldn't get this thing to stop leaking. I even tested it by putting it on a flat concrete surface and it still leaked out the entire 2 gallons. Tried hanging it, tried sitting it on the...
seem like a good breed, if i had the room i would probably raise a batch of them they seem like they would be a good 4h starter show bird...considering i dont see many of this breed in my class...
its a feed scooper it cant be perfect but over all when every thing is said an done i love mine its great its starting to show a little wear an tear but its to be expected i have had it for 4...
I have one silkie. From the time we got her, she layed 3 eggs a week and was so sweet and friendly! Then, she went broody 3 times in a row But she came back to us just as friendly as the first...
Faverolles Thread - Page 972post #9712 of 133454/11/12 at 2:26pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by pfmerlin
Thanks Henry.-) I have heard about the hatch in OR and am VERY pleased with some improvements that seem to have occurred with Marcel's and Summer's kids. It is said several of them may be almost blinded so young from the beards and muffs. That's a problem........smirk That everyone should experience. Yes????
That is awesome. Cannot wait to see the results all grown up. Haha it is a good problem to have I guess haha.post #9713 of 133454/11/12 at 2:27pmThread Starter
I will see what I can do. Will be in the midst of a semester of school. Maybe I will try and make it though.post #9714 of 133454/11/12 at 2:31pmQuote:
That would be GREAT!! :)post #9715 of 133454/11/12 at 2:39pm
...OK, I went to the site and can not find any info regarding entries. I want to know when I need to enter, what class my bird would have to be in, and how much/deadline for the entry check/form to be sent HELPFamily, dog, garden, aquariums, lizards, and chickens what more could a woman want? Why a horse of course!!!post #9716 of 133454/11/12 at 2:58pmQuote:
You need to call the show contact person, David Adkins 740-259-2852 for a copy of the show catalog when it comes out. :) What birds are you thinking of entering? When it's time, I can help you fill out the entry forms.
I just called and left a message, so when I get more info, I will pass it along. :)
Edited by Cloverleaf Farm - 4/11/12 at 3:01pmpost #9717 of 133454/11/12 at 4:06pm
I have a few that are growing out nicely... and a nice roo how old can a bird be and still considered a cockerel? I always assumed it had to be less than a year, in which case i would not show him because he would be 13 months old and not stand a chance against the older boys i would think... but I do have 3 real nice pullets Vice sired before he disappeared, one is a bit too dark unless she lightens up some but the other 2 are quite nice. I mostly want to show to learn anyway, so this year will not be about trying to win so much as getting my feet wet.Family, dog, garden, aquariums, lizards, and chickens what more could a woman want? Why a horse of course!!!post #9718 of 133454/11/12 at 4:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by sandiklaws
I have a few that are growing out nicely... and a nice roo how old can a bird be and still considered a cockerel? I always assumed it had to be less than a year, in which case i would not show him because he would be 13 months old and not stand a chance against the older boys i would think... but I do have 3 real nice pullets Vice sired before he disappeared, one is a bit too dark unless she lightens up some but the other 2 are quite nice. I mostly want to show to learn anyway, so this year will not be about trying to win so much as getting my feet wet.
Yep, at 13 months, he's a cock. If the darker one has great type, show her anyway, type always comes first...well, it's supposed to... ;)post #9719 of 133454/11/12 at 4:14pm
Speaking of type...this is an awful picture, and has wire in the way, but she kept either facing away from me, or running all the way up to me so I couldn't get any other pics of her...also, her beard got plucked out...so ignore all that (LOL)...what do you guys think of her otherwise? I showed pics of her from when she was still a pullet, and had good response on her. I'm partial to her because I bred her, AND she happens to be the hen in the newer version of the club logo....
You can see her beard size in her pullet pics:post #9720 of 133454/11/12 at 5:05pm
nice lookin girly... I know type before color but I figure at that level it would matter so why bother with herFamily, dog, garden, aquariums, lizards, and chickens what more could a woman want? Why a horse of course!!!
- Faverolles Thread
- Cloverleaf Farm
- › Arizona Chickens 9 seconds ago
- › Boys VS girls (Never stops!) 27 seconds ago
- › Paws and Claws (RP) Roleplay 51 seconds ago
- › Keep a word, drop a word! 55 seconds ago
- › long time gawker, first time poster 56 seconds ago
- › calling any one from missouri 1 minute ago
- › May 2013 Online Hatching Egg Swap closed addresses sent 1 minute ago
- › Boys VS Girls 1 minute ago
- › Christian Books 1 minute ago
- › Walk in the Wild~~Wolf RPG *NEEDS MEMBERS* 1 minute ago
- › Australorp by chickenman98
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by RentaPig311
- › Aylesbury by cowgirlHH
- › 3 Quart Plastic Feed Scoop - Blue by cowgirlHH
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › Speckled Sussex by nova022
- › Leghorn by DavidKerk
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by 29PalmsRanch
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by celticgarden
- › Mallard by Zombified
- › How To Tell Your Chicken's Gender by roostersandhens
- › Processing Day Support Group SUMMARY of THREAD by Sally Sunshine
- › The Lovely Holland Coop by the3littles
- › Cottage Coop De Ville by themorra
- › How to introduce your dog to your chickens... by Kathryn P
- › How to decide if a rooster is right for you! by Kathryn P
- › From citygirl to backyard chicken farmer by Kathie816
- › Teen Babies! A TragicStory (chicken edition) by McCaskill
- › Keeping a rooster or not - pro's and cons by Mr MKK FARMS
- › Rich & Sarah's "Cozy Cochin... by Scifisarah