Hey everyone I thought I would make this thread for everyone to talk about and post pics of their d'uccle! I think they are a wonderful and beautiful breed. Any color welcome. POST AWAY!!!!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemBelgian DUccle
Related Forum Threads
- Odd colored d'uccle Last post on 3/29/13 at 5:36am in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- Tiny Beauties,PLEASE tell me what These are!!!!! Last post on 1/29/13 at 6:54am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What sex are these? Last post on 2/21/13 at 10:25am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What breed? Last post on 1/19/12 at 7:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- d'Uccles & Booted Bantams? Last post on 1/13/12 at 5:18pm in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
Belgian D Uccle Blue Grey
Edited on 1/10/12
- Belgian D Uccle Porcelain By Windymeadows1Edited on 1/10/12
- Belgian D Uccle PorcelainEdited on 1/10/12
- Belgian D Uccle Mille FleurEdited on 1/10/12
Honestly, they are great birds. We have 2 boys freeranging together and neither one has ever gotten the least bit aggressive with us and they are very polite to their girls as well. No missing...
We love our Nankin hen. She's very sweet and good natured, excellent bird for beginners or kids. She comes when called, she's an excellent bug hunter, likes to sit on your lap (or head, or...
Leghorns are great egg laying chickens. They are friendly to other Leghorns and can easily fly. The only problems is that they are bad in the pecking order and they can make a mess of the yard....
I will start by saying that I love Australorps. In fact, my very favorite hen is an Australorp. She is such a sweet chicken and just let's you walk right up to her to pick her up. She doesn't run...
D'uccle Threadpost #1 of 821411/21/09 at 1:04pmThread Starter8 silkies, 10 OEGB, 4 pigeons, 5 pheasants, 3 peafowl, 1 dog, 2 cats, and 4 goldfish I have silkie eggs available if anyone is interested!8 silkies, 10 OEGB, 4 pigeons, 5 pheasants, 3 peafowl, 1 dog, 2 cats, and 4 goldfish I have silkie eggs available if anyone is interested!post #2 of 821411/24/09 at 1:37pm
Yes, I totally LOVE my Porcelain d'uccles. It was pure fluke when I impulsively bought them from the feed store and found out what breed they were and how adorable and sweet. They are from Estes Hatchery mixed bantams. This is definitely the breed I'm sticking with. I bought some hatching eggs from ugly duckly and am getting some really pretty coloring from them. I bought a bunch from Ideal, but I'm not as impressed with their smaller beards and skimpy middle toe feathering. They are not as calm as ugly duckly or Estes's d'uccles. So, I probably will be selling all but the 5 straight run Millies and 5 porcelain pullets. I'll have about 6 cockerels and 3 pullets with that I'll be posting for sale later. I thought I'd wait till they were a few more weeks old.
I think in the spring, I'll visit the feed store and see if I can get a few more Estes d'uccles, as pretty as they are turning out to be. This is the breed I'm going to promote as the perfect chicken for children! I'm thankful that I don't have to chase this breed all over the yard if I want to pick them up and pet them, they are fairly easy to catch. They are really good flyers, and can fly 7 feet up in the air. I had to put welded wire fencing on top of my chain link to make it high enough to keep them out of the neighbors yard. I think next spring I might try ordering some porcelain d'uccle hatching eggs from my pet chicken and see how they turn out, plus a few more mille pullets. The breeders I've seen online, just aren't selling much these days unless you want to pay $10 a chick!
My first porcelain pullet finally started laying at 7 months old! Can't wait to start hatching my own cuties, but I think I'll wait till spring, since I already have 2 dozen in the garage. Here's mine from Adults to chicks!My husband has a dog & cat allergy, so we have one pet rabbit, 2 female cockatiels, an older Barred Rock hen, 1 Langshan hen, over 2 dozen porcelain d'uccles, a dozen mille fleur d'uccles, and 11 Speckled Sussexes (1 male) NPIP certified pullorum-typhoid-avianinfluenza free MO 43-711.My husband has a dog & cat allergy, so we have one pet rabbit, 2 female cockatiels, an older Barred Rock hen, 1 Langshan hen, over 2 dozen porcelain d'uccles, a dozen mille fleur d'uccles, and 11 Speckled Sussexes (1 male) NPIP certified pullorum-typhoid-avianinfluenza free MO 43-711.post #3 of 821411/24/09 at 3:23pmpost #4 of 821411/24/09 at 3:26pm
You d'Uccle people have some beautiful birds!The awesomeness of a movie can, under normal circumstances, be easily calculated by counting the number of cars destroyed and multiplying that figure by the number of witty comebacks issued by major characters. The Avengers is a very high ranking movie on this scale.
"Harrison Ford is the President of the United States" is the perfect movie tagline.The awesomeness of a movie can, under normal circumstances, be easily calculated by counting the number of cars destroyed and multiplying that figure by the number of witty comebacks issued by major characters. The Avengers is a very high ranking movie on this scale.
"Harrison Ford is the President of the United States" is the perfect movie tagline.post #5 of 821411/24/09 at 3:29pmpost #6 of 821411/24/09 at 3:29pmBTW Japanese,mille fleur Jap project, corturnix quail, some red chickens I got at TSC, one EE and 2 EE chicks, and some really poor pyncheons, 10 ducks and 2 welsh harlequin ducklings, one pheasant hen, one pheasant chick, one MFC chick, 2 Norwegian Jaerhon chicks.BTW Japanese,mille fleur Jap project, corturnix quail, some red chickens I got at TSC, one EE and 2 EE chicks, and some really poor pyncheons, 10 ducks and 2 welsh harlequin ducklings, one pheasant hen, one pheasant chick, one MFC chick, 2 Norwegian Jaerhon chicks.post #7 of 821411/24/09 at 3:37pm
Wheatie looks spoiled on her rug! LOL all chickens should be spoiledpost #8 of 821411/24/09 at 3:39pmpost #9 of 821411/24/09 at 3:43pm
Beautiful beautiful beautiful!!!
I've had my 4 for 4 weeks now and they are soooo sweet and cute and friendly, 2 jump right up on my arm or hand when I go in the brooder. I can't wait for them to mature, I think they are absolutely gorgeous! I think I may have 1 boy and 3 girls...just initial guess but time will tell. Here's some baby pics...
- D'uccle Thread
- Belgian D Uccle Porcelain By Windymeadows1
- › INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! 6 seconds ago
- › 2 week old barred rocks...possible hens or roos? 40 seconds ago
- › Two Black Copper Marans Chicks 2 minutes ago
- › Best dog breed and how to start a puppy 2 minutes ago
- › New pics of all of my birds. 2 minutes ago
- › Dominique Thread! 3 minutes ago
- › May Hatch Thread--Fill up those bators n' broodies! 3 minutes ago
- › add a word to the story 3 minutes ago
- › Flock of three meets new hens. HELP! 3 minutes ago
- › BYC members in Massachusetts? 4 minutes ago
- › Barnevelder by pysankigirl
- › Nankin Bantams by Cambium29
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by awaxt2003
- › Leghorn by Chicken Goddess
- › Australorp by chickenman98
- › Aylesbury by cowgirlHH
- › 3 Quart Plastic Feed Scoop - Blue by cowgirlHH
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › Speckled Sussex by nova022
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by 29PalmsRanch
- › My take on the "On Golden Coop"... by rockhopjohn
- › New San Ramon California Ordinance Effective... by Tangramon
- › BillysFlock by BillysFlock
- › Chicken Mansion Supreme by sandrachicken
- › The Weenie flock by wein315
- › Feed-sack Fencing by SuperSilkies
- › I think I am reliving my childhod. My Mother... by skoodo
- › How To Tell Your Chicken's Gender by roostersandhens
- › Processing Day Support Group SUMMARY of THREAD by Sally Sunshine
- › The Lovely Holland Coop by the3littles