here a few of mine. there about 5 weeks old in photos and are great birds
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What's in this Mix??? Last post on 2/17/13 at 11:17am in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- What breed for in town? Last post on 1/18/12 at 9:56pm in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- Guess the chickens for me :D Last post on 1/11/12 at 3:56pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Take a guess..... Last post on 12/15/11 at 7:06pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Need help identify this hen... Last post on 4/24/12 at 12:37pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
Hatching Dark Eggs
Edited on 3/30/13
- Farm DazeEdited on 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsEdited on 6/27/11
- Welsummer MuticolorsEdited on 1/10/12
- Welsummer The Breed Was Admitted To The American Standard Of...Edited on 1/10/12
Buffy is our only Orpington. She is independent, lower on the pecking order, but big, fluffy and likes to cluck. She lays frequently when not broody. She's my only brooder so far that I have...
These are my first chickens, gifts from a daughter for Christmas. Once they started laying, it's rare to have a day without one egg from each hen. They come when I call them, stay close to the...
I have six Japanese Bantams. Five hens and one rooster. Grace, Zoey, Lemon, DeLacey, and DeLaney are the hens, and George Tucker is my rooster. They make up about 1/5 of my chickens. I have all...
I just LOVE my sicilian buttercup, Poppy. Anytime I go outside she loves to hop up onto my back or my arm. She's very curious and loves to he held or played with. I've also noticed that she loves...
My Brown Leghorns are very good natured, and easy to care for. they lay well and lay large eggs. You can count on a dozen plus out of this coop every 4 days with only three hens laying. I get a...
The Welsummer Thread!!!! - Page 3post #22 of 854312/3/09 at 2:13amQuote:Originally Posted by TimGQuote:Originally Posted by hcammack
I am getting 5-6 eggs a day from my two girls and they are still dark and speckled!
Them's some special hens!
5 a day from 2 hens????
Am i crazy or is that impossible?Starting To Breed Bantam Blue Leghorns
And Anconas...........Starting To Breed Bantam Blue Leghorns
And Anconas...........post #23 of 854312/3/09 at 5:52amThread Starter
Thanks EweSheep, Now I must have bantams................Pretty girls and yes we can always use more photos of Wellies.
Thanks Tailfeathers- I understand about time... I cruised by your website, very nice!
Thanks Wing it- That age is my favorite age for all breeds. They have quite the personalities don't they?post #24 of 854312/3/09 at 6:06am
I LOVE MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!www.shelfreliance.com/heatherblalock your premier source for emergency preparedness supplies and informational tools. Featuring freeze dried foods, food rotation systems (food storage shelves), and our revolutionary calculators for food storage and emergency kits, Shelf Reliance offers the tools you'll need to create a comprehensive, customized emergency preparedness plan.www.shelfreliance.com/heatherblalock your premier source for emergency preparedness supplies and informational tools. Featuring freeze dried foods, food rotation systems (food storage shelves), and our revolutionary calculators for food storage and emergency kits, Shelf Reliance offers the tools you'll need to create a comprehensive, customized emergency preparedness plan.post #25 of 854312/3/09 at 7:47pm
Pinky if you wanting bantams, you might have a long waiting list. some of us are starting out and trying to increase the size of our flock. Not easy if you keep losing them from predators or sudden death of unknown reasons or got loose.
Expect to pay somewhere between $50 to $200 for a good rooster and roughly $75 and up for pullets. It all depends on the bloodlines as well. They are beautiful birds and they are roughly the 1/3 to half the size of a LF Welsummer.
President of the Welsummer Club of North America & BYC Member since 4/11/2002 and Appenzeller Spitzhaubens
President of the Welsummer Club of North America & BYC Member since 4/11/2002 and Appenzeller Spitzhaubenspost #26 of 854312/4/09 at 4:58am
Thought I would say hi!! My welsummers are hatching right now! I fell in love with them and the egg color so I had to get some. Started with 12 eggs, had to get rid of 1. So far 5 have hatched, 1 more almost out, and 2 more pipped. I will try to post pictures when they are done.Mom to 1 husband, 1 son, 3 daughters, 3 dogs, 1 rabbit, lots of fish, 1 cow (named Berger), 3 nigerian dwarf goats, and too many chickens, ducks, turkeys, pheasants, and peacocks to count.Mom to 1 husband, 1 son, 3 daughters, 3 dogs, 1 rabbit, lots of fish, 1 cow (named Berger), 3 nigerian dwarf goats, and too many chickens, ducks, turkeys, pheasants, and peacocks to count.post #27 of 854312/4/09 at 5:45am
Can Wellies be slow to start laying is it perhaps just nature and my Wilma taking her sweet time. She's 28 weeks a nice comb and wattles, not flaming red, but light red. She lost her tail feathers to a rooster at the farm I got her, so I know she's working on them (It also is the favorite place for some of the other girls to peck her. I think I'll put peck-no-more on her backside todaypost #28 of 854312/4/09 at 6:34ampost #29 of 854312/4/09 at 6:40amThread Starter
I have had a couple of gals drag their feet when starting to lay, but not had one wait until 28 weeks. Wilma better get her groove on!
Do you have a light on them?
krazykritter-post #30 of 854312/4/09 at 6:44am
- Farm Daze
- › What can I do to make my chickens quiet? 3 seconds ago
- › Boys VS Girls 6 seconds ago
- › Keep a word, drop a word! 13 seconds ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 28 seconds ago
- › Atomic Powers (OOC) 33 seconds ago
- › Novice duck owner 38 seconds ago
- › Questions about silkie chicks with vaulted skulls... 52 seconds ago
- › The Front Porch Swing 1 minute ago
- › Word game "Change one letter" 1 minute ago
- › ***OKIES in the BYC III *** 1 minute ago
- › Orpington by chickenteacher2
- › Red Sex Link by Hogs and Horns
- › Japanese by MoodyBroody622
- › Sicilian Buttercup by Glimmer Otnes
- › White Leghorn Pullets by HershelMS
- › Wyandotte by The Bantam Guy
- › Ameraucana by 1stTimeChikMama
- › Icelandic or Viking Hen by my urban barnyard
- › Plymouth Rock by australorp41
- › Easter Eggers by mrstomcat
- › Wild Thyme Farm's Flock by applegal
- › Cedar Acres Coop! by CedarAcres
- › Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! by SillyChicken
- › The Hunger Games -----Awesome RP - Members Page! by IceFire
- › My wife thinks I've "flown the... by bartholomew82
- › The Royal Chickens of Cluck Caslte by ChickFuentes
- › Darkstar's Palace by elisem
- › Bls5049 Swap page by bls5049
- › Pullet Grower Tractor by Kagen
- › Dead Hen by cortneyh