im still looking for white and black bantam sultan eggs that arent from a hatchery if anyone has any please pm me
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Boy or girl? Last post on 12/22/11 at 1:38pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 5/3/13 at 4:33pm in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- any silkie breeders in queensland, australia.? :) Last post on 10/16/12 at 3:36am in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Silkie chicks in Alabama? Last post on 10/16/12 at 3:10pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Silkie Chick Care... too young to bathe? Last post on 4/7/13 at 7:26am in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
Edited on 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsEdited on 6/27/11
- Sultan WhiteEdited on 1/10/12
- Sultan White And BlackEdited on 1/10/12
- Silkie White By JerseychicksEdited on 1/10/12
These birds have been the foundation of our flock. They have stood up to the arid Colorado weather here which means cold winters, hot summers and not much rain so no many plants or bugs. Very...
Acquired these two girls from someone who wasn't supposed to have them in the city. They were still pullets. They lay one egg every other day between the two of them. Have not noted them to be...
I wasn't sure I'd like them but have found them to be attractive and friendly so far. Hardy robust little birds.
With several comments about finding it hard to obtain good quality Brabanters, has anyone purchased from Sandhill? Where have you found good quality stock? If our town changes it's regs, this is...
I like everything about it except how it looks right now. I know it lays decently. It is a great part of my great waterfowl flock.
the sultan thread - Page 19post #182 of 11806/24/12 at 7:52pm
I'm sorry but i've only got the one hen and I got her from Ideal hatchery but if i were you I wouldnt get them from there because she's missing the toenails on her feet whitch is the result of me getting them from hatchery stock! :\ Try Meyer Hatchery or contact breeders form the Polish breeders club!!!post #183 of 11806/24/12 at 8:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by fancychickenlover
I'm sorry but i've only got the one hen and I got her from Ideal hatchery but if i were you I wouldnt get them from there because she's missing the toenails on her feet whitch is the result of me getting them from hatchery stock! :\ Try Meyer Hatchery or contact breeders form the Polish breeders club!!!
none of our bantams have that problempost #184 of 11807/27/12 at 6:50pmpost #185 of 11807/29/12 at 7:37am
As with any, the only definitive way to tell is when they either crow or lay eggs. I want to say my boys started around 3 months or thereabouts.
I definitely was suspicious of my boys- I had three of them that would consistently rumble- first it was both my sultans, and yep, they are both boys. With the poofy head breeds (silkies, polishes, etc), it's been suggested that here's a good way to tell:
Since both of my sultans are boys and had more the Albert look, I can't really compare. But it worked with my silkies...........
I do think that boys overall have more rooish behavior, even before they start to crow. Fwiw. :Dpost #186 of 11807/29/12 at 8:06amI can start to tell the difference in mine already at 1-2 weeks but they still may surprise you.post #187 of 11808/1/12 at 10:56ampost #188 of 11808/2/12 at 6:53ampost #189 of 11808/2/12 at 7:43ampost #190 of 11808/2/12 at 7:01pm
- the sultan thread
- Standard Large Fowl Breeds
- › 100 Pictures of my Flock: 2013 Edition 16 seconds ago
- › Call Ducks Finally Hatched 1 minute ago
- › Dixie's Reign Of Fame 2 minutes ago
- › Easter egger and Olive Egger chicks - northern NJ 2 minutes ago
- › Why raise meal worms? 2 minutes ago
- › What did your chickens do today? 2 minutes ago
- › A few newbie questions... 2 minutes ago
- › I reborn dolls ....anyone else? 3 minutes ago
- › my little flock, just want to show them off 4 minutes ago
- › how much space per chicken 4 minutes ago
- › Our humble coop - for 4 chickens. by Aussie-Chook
- › The Hot Headed Hen House by EagleChickens
- › This is my new coop. by hairco
- › Poultry Playpen by ftroop
- › Troost Roost by stuckinvtown
- › Fowl Territory by softblooper
- › Cozy Coop in Cape by ShamSham
- › Poor Man's Chicken Coop for zero dollars by IceAngel
- › Fresh Eggs from Spoiled Chickens by lilnursetara
- › New to web site. Need advise on how to help... by Marie Joye