Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Boy or girl? Last post on 12/22/11 at 1:38pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/5/16 at 9:00pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- any silkie breeders in queensland, australia.? :) Last post on 10/12/16 at 9:21am in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Silkie chicks in Alabama? Last post on 3/22/16 at 6:53am in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Silkie Chick Care... too young to bathe? Last post on 3/28/16 at 4:13pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
How to Take Your Chicken Photography to a Whole New Level-...
Last edited: 4/13/16
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sultan WhiteLast edited: 1/10/12
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
the sultan thread - Page 218
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2172 of 23422/20/16 at 9:30am
How do sultans in the UK compare to those in America? I know our American stock comes originally from the Uk but I'm curious how time might have changed them.post #2173 of 23422/20/16 at 9:43ampost #2174 of 23422/20/16 at 3:36pmpost #2175 of 23422/20/16 at 3:42pmI do. They are big sweeties
I looked at all the caged animals in the barn...the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness, and betrayal. And I was angry."God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?"God was silent for a moment, and then He spoke softly, "I have done something...I created you."
I looked at all the caged animals in the barn...the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness, and betrayal. And I was angry."God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?"God was silent for a moment, and then He spoke softly, "I have done something...I created you."post #2176 of 23422/21/16 at 4:10pm
Ooh I like that Rooster RonoKT, lol wish mine was as nice looking!
@gootziecat Sultans are fantastic pets! Mine are all large fowl sultans and I recently took my pullet to the high school for a class on genetics. I figured since sultans have such amazing and in your face features that showing a hen would be great for the lecture. The kids loved it. During the lecture when I was not pointing out things Flossy would just wander the classroom as calm as could be. She did seem to have a special attraction to sparkly sandal straps but luckily only one student was wearing that! The young ladies in the class just Ooohed and ahhhed over her and flipped her upside down like a baby to give her cuddles. Even the teacher, who it turns out was terrified of all types of birds, was picking Flossy up by the end of the day. I'd never have another "main" type of chicken. I am a total Sultan lover and think everyone should have at least one of these beautiful and amazing birds in their flock.
I live in a small town and it's heavy in ag and farming but yet many, way more than I expected, kids did not realize that chickens could be so ornamental or friendly.post #2177 of 23422/22/16 at 11:41amDue hour in 2 hours, one pip so far. Due to my incompetence there was a cool down of unknown length during incubation, everyone continued to develop but I don't know how long they may be delayed. Without wanting to count my chickens.. Hopefully will have some chick photos soon(ish) (I'm going to try not to stay up late into the night watching eggs rocking)post #2178 of 23422/23/16 at 12:28ampost #2179 of 23422/23/16 at 3:40am
Love the baby Sultans, my avatar was my first chick to hatch :)post #2180 of 23422/23/16 at 4:29amThey're funny looking before they fluff up! Your avatar chick is much cuter with it's puffy little cheeks. I was really surprised to see how fluffy the legs are already, I don't think my other feather legged chicks have had so much leg down at hatch. Do sultana have WAY more leg feather than silkies and marans?
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
- › Broody Hen Thread! 36 seconds ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 1 minute ago
- › BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT. 1 minute ago
- › It's a Strange World, After All - A mythical role play 2 minutes ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 2 minutes ago
- › Duck Cam in the Coop. 3 minutes ago
- › Are 12 week old puletts old enough for cold weather in coop? 3 minutes ago
- › Poultry school, Enroll Today! (chickens/ducks/geese,Any poultry!) 4 minutes ago
- › BYC Café 4 minutes ago
- › Just got a pair of Australorps and both look a bit worst for wares 6 minutes ago
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.