Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Boy or girl? Last post on 12/22/11 at 1:38pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/5/16 at 9:00pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- any silkie breeders in queensland, australia.? :) Last post on 10/12/16 at 9:21am in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Silkie chicks in Alabama? Last post on 3/22/16 at 6:53am in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Silkie Chick Care... too young to bathe? Last post on 3/28/16 at 4:13pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
How to Take Your Chicken Photography to a Whole New Level-...
Last edited: 4/13/16
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sultan WhiteLast edited: 1/10/12
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
the sultan thread - Page 225post #2241 of 23424/25/16 at 4:51amYesterday morning's little surprise ( 4 Golden Sebright's, 5 Lf Sultan's and 2 Pultan's). They were a little earlier than I anticipated (today or tomorrow) should have more Golden Sebright's Wednesday and this weekend.I will try for more pictures today if I can without getting beat up by momma.LOL She is a first timer and is doing a great job protecting them.
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2242 of 23424/25/16 at 7:26amQuote:today's updated pictures The Sultan's did not want to work with me this morning.Originally Posted by delder2009
Yesterday morning's little surprise ( 4 Golden Sebright's, 5 Lf Sultan's and 2 Pultan's). They were a little earlier than I anticipated (today or tomorrow) should have more Golden Sebright's Wednesday and this weekend.I will try for more pictures today if I can without getting beat up by momma.LOL She is a first timer and is doing a great job protecting them.post #2243 of 23424/25/16 at 4:50pmpost #2244 of 23424/25/16 at 5:56pm
So cute, love the little guys and their bumpy headspost #2245 of 23424/26/16 at 4:00ampost #2246 of 23424/26/16 at 5:50am
My next round of sultan eggs are due to hatch on sunday/Monday. My incubator is packed full of eggs to the point I'm now thinking I might have to start scrambling the fresh eggs to feed back to the birds. I hate, hate the idea of wasting fertile sultan eggs. I keep hoping someone will go broody and I leave 4-5 eggs for them in the nest but so far, nope, no broody hens. And none of my other young chickens are old enough to lay, much less go broody.post #2247 of 23424/27/16 at 9:43am
I looked at all the caged animals in the barn...the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness, and betrayal. And I was angry."God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?"God was silent for a moment, and then He spoke softly, "I have done something...I created you."
I looked at all the caged animals in the barn...the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness, and betrayal. And I was angry."God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?"God was silent for a moment, and then He spoke softly, "I have done something...I created you."post #2248 of 23424/30/16 at 11:44ampost #2249 of 23424/30/16 at 4:25pm
lol that's their first time outdoors other than the road trip today. I had them spoiled and used mama heating pad for them since they were in the house. That idea from blooie is a lifesaver for loud chicks! I'm sure the little sultans will settle in quickly and be some happy chicks.
Thank you for the big beautiful blue legbar and EE eggs! I'm going to have to do some incubator rearranging to get all those lovely big eggs in there. :Dpost #2250 of 23425/2/16 at 11:43pmHi everyone! I am new to chickens but managed to bring home a Sultan Bantam. I am so excited! I can't wait to learn so much from all of you! Here is Chicken Little, or Little for short. We joke that if it's a he we will have to rename it Scuba Steve because of those foot feathers! Those were the first to grow in and I think Little still hasn't really figured them out. We are now at 3 weeks and are very awkward looking...in the cutest way! Can anyone tell me if there is a certain eye color sultans have? Little's appear to be a blue or green color. It's hard to tell with how small they are but my other mutt chick has golden brown eyes and I can tell there is a definite difference between the two. Is there a breed standard? Thanks!
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 5 seconds ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 15 seconds ago
- › 3 day old. feather question 29 seconds ago
- › Topic of the Week - Deworming chickens 36 seconds ago
- › help! can someone tell me the breed and gender? 1 minute ago
- › color of beak and legs of a black star hen 1 minute ago
- › Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds 1 minute ago
- › How to set up my flock for breeding 2 minutes ago
- › What's the temperature where you are??? 3 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 3 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...