BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Chicken Breeds › General breed discussions & FAQ › Plymouth Rock thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Plymouth Rock thread! - Page 247

post #2461 of 6308
Quote:
Originally Posted by halo View Post

That better not mean Im overloaded with pullets...I need BOYS.

I got the males. One in particular has matured quite quickly, and is looking huge. Send me all your females and I will mate them to him when they are mature.  gig.gif
 

 

RIP my son, Michael Bonham, Jr. 1972-2013

A son, brother, friend, wrestler, father, Army Airborne Ranger, wrestling coach, and so much more....

A memorial video with some of his (too short) life HERE.

Reply

RIP my son, Michael Bonham, Jr. 1972-2013

A son, brother, friend, wrestler, father, Army Airborne Ranger, wrestling coach, and so much more....

A memorial video with some of his (too short) life HERE.

Reply
post #2462 of 6308

Oh, you're just a laugh a minute, arent ya!  tongue.png  I have one or two that I think could be boys, but Im still not sure.  Now Im getting worried if your boys asserted themselves so quickly.  There is no way I could have 2 hatches from Cyn and get all girls, it just cant happen!

post #2463 of 6308
Quote:
Originally Posted by halo View Post

Oh, you're just a laugh a minute, arent ya!  tongue.png  I have one or two that I think could be boys, but Im still not sure.  Now Im getting worried if your boys asserted themselves so quickly.  There is no way I could have 2 hatches from Cyn and get all girls, it just cant happen!


Of course, when you want males, that is when the females all hatch.

 

Funny thing, I told Cyn one time.... it seems to me that my Barred Rock hatches are female heavy one week, and male heavy the next week. I noticed this over a year ago. Now, it looks like we are seeing it in the hatches from her.

 

RIP my son, Michael Bonham, Jr. 1972-2013

A son, brother, friend, wrestler, father, Army Airborne Ranger, wrestling coach, and so much more....

A memorial video with some of his (too short) life HERE.

Reply

RIP my son, Michael Bonham, Jr. 1972-2013

A son, brother, friend, wrestler, father, Army Airborne Ranger, wrestling coach, and so much more....

A memorial video with some of his (too short) life HERE.

Reply
post #2464 of 6308

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Looks to me like the one on the right is a boy. .....stan

5dbad4c6_026.jpeg

Barred and Blue Plymouth Rocks - NPIP #58-1701-E

Reply

Barred and Blue Plymouth Rocks - NPIP #58-1701-E

Reply
post #2465 of 6308

If you are selling a lady in Minnesota any chicks or eggs send me a message be for you ship her anything she stiffed me for ten started chicks and shipping. Her check did not have funds. strange as she has had the account for ten years. If you sell eggs or chicks ask for a money order as if you dont  the check if  it bounces you get charged from your bank even if you don't send them any chicks or eggs. I can see why many guys don't sell eggs or chicks who are breeders of standard heritage fowl. Its a pain in the butt and you can end up loosing your shirt. So far I have told people how much for shipping and when I go to the post office I pay double. So far my profit for this year on eggs and chicks is minus -$50. bob


Edited by Robert Blosl - 4/7/12 at 12:49pm
post #2466 of 6308
PayPal! And add on a littler more to cover PayPal fees. If someone is paying that much to have birds shipped another $5. Bucks shouldn't matter.

You should post a copy of the bounced check. ??? These's nothing illegal about that is there. Block out the account number and her address but not the name.
post #2467 of 6308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Blosl View Post

. I can see why many guys don't sell eggs or chicks who are breeders of standard heritage fowl. Its a pain in the butt and you can end up loosing your shirt. So far I have told people how much for shipping and when I go to the post office I pay double. So far my profit for this year on eggs and chicks is minus -$50. bob


Bob, you've got to weigh your box and call the post office to get the price, or go to usps.com and put in the info and get the price. Or pricey, but if you pack in a flat rate box, you always know how much it is going to be.

Jen -   Buckeyes, and Japanese Bantams (for the most part) Working on a flock of barred Hollands.


 
Reply

Jen -   Buckeyes, and Japanese Bantams (for the most part) Working on a flock of barred Hollands.


 
Reply
post #2468 of 6308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Blosl View Post

If you are selling a lady in Minnesota any chicks or eggs send me a message be for you ship her anything she stiffed me for ten started chicks and shipping. Her check did not have funds. strange as she has had the account for ten years. If you sell eggs or chicks ask for a money order as if you dont  the check if  it bounces you get charged from your bank even if you don't send them any chicks or eggs. I can see why many guys don't sell eggs or chicks who are breeders of standard heritage fowl. Its a pain in the butt and you can end up loosing your shirt. So far I have told people how much for shipping and when I go to the post office I pay double. So far my profit for this year on eggs and chicks is minus -$50. bob


Plus Minnesota requires an extra NPIP form to be filed. Arkansas charges $15 just to sign the MN form.  I think I will refund her money and forget sending her our eggs. especially after Bob's experience.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennypen View Post

PayPal! And add on a littler more to cover PayPal fees. If someone is paying that much to have birds shipped another $5. Bucks shouldn't matter.

You should post a copy of the bounced check. ??? These's nothing illegal about that is there. Block out the account number and her address but not the name.


BYC will not allow us to post such things here. Nor are we to bring drama from off BYC to on BYC. We may have already said too much. But Bob and I have spoken off list and have the same buyer.



Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjscott View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Blosl View Post

. I can see why many guys don't sell eggs or chicks who are breeders of standard heritage fowl. Its a pain in the butt and you can end up loosing your shirt. So far I have told people how much for shipping and when I go to the post office I pay double. So far my profit for this year on eggs and chicks is minus -$50. bob


Bob, you've got to weigh your box and call the post office to get the price, or go to usps.com and put in the info and get the price. Or pricey, but if you pack in a flat rate box, you always know how much it is going to be.


I prefer flat rate to weighing the box. However, I sent something (not eggs) last week and weighing it was cheaper. Mailed it first class for $2 

 

An emergency came up. Prayers needed. Be back on 4/28/14 or later.

Hall Family Farm specializes in Heritage breeds of poultry.

Buff Orpingtons are our favorite. We also have: Black, Blue and White Orpington, Australorp, Red Dorking

Dark Brahma, Buff Minorca, Arkansas Blues, American Buff Geese, Narragansett Turkeys.

Jahdan is working with several more.

 

highfive.gif  Hall Family Farm Swap Page celebrate.gif  Ark...yippiechickie.gif

Reply

An emergency came up. Prayers needed. Be back on 4/28/14 or later.

Hall Family Farm specializes in Heritage breeds of poultry.

Buff Orpingtons are our favorite. We also have: Black, Blue and White Orpington, Australorp, Red Dorking

Dark Brahma, Buff Minorca, Arkansas Blues, American Buff Geese, Narragansett Turkeys.

Jahdan is working with several more.

 

highfive.gif  Hall Family Farm Swap Page celebrate.gif  Ark...yippiechickie.gif

Reply
post #2469 of 6308
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercreek View Post

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Looks to me like the one on the right is a boy. .....stan

5dbad4c6_026.jpeg



Yeah, that's the guy I've got my eye on. I'm not going to know for sure for at least another month.

 

Plymouth Barred Rocks, Delawares, New Hampshires, Rhode Island Reds,  Bantam Barred Rocks and Bantam Buff Brahmas. But love my mutt bantams too.

 

Rockafeather Farm

Reply

Plymouth Barred Rocks, Delawares, New Hampshires, Rhode Island Reds,  Bantam Barred Rocks and Bantam Buff Brahmas. But love my mutt bantams too.

 

Rockafeather Farm

Reply
post #2470 of 6308

Jim knows who this lady is she wanted him to get a Minnesota Department of Agriculture inspection account which I did it did not cost me any thing but he had to pay to ship into Minnesota.

 

I have used pay pal but did not charge them extra. Live in learn. bob

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General breed discussions & FAQ
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Chicken Breeds › General breed discussions & FAQ › Plymouth Rock thread!