Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- looking for opinions on breeds Last post on 4/9/16 at 3:15am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Anyone have any idea what breed she is? Last post on 9/15/12 at 6:12pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Need help with breeds! Last post on 3/9/13 at 8:17am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Buff Orpington, Australorps, Welsummers and Plymouth Rock?? Last post on 4/10/14 at 6:05am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Posting on behalf of a co-worker - need help determining breed :) Last post on 5/4/12 at 6:50am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Plymouth Rock Barred By Chicks ChickensLast edited: 1/10/12
- Plymouth Rock BlueLast edited: 1/10/12
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
Plymouth Rock thread! - Page 652post #6512 of 65872/17/16 at 4:10pmpost #6513 of 65872/17/16 at 6:10pm
It will not make a Cream Legbar . No cream , crest or blue egg genes involved .Quote:
A barred rock is black first with the barring gene added . So the chicks will be mostly black and all will have 1 barring gene . Cockerels will have some red when mature .post #6514 of 65872/17/16 at 6:15pmQuote:
X2. It will not make a Cream Legbar.I am a wife and Mother. We have 2 dogs, and our always growing flock of chickens. The kids have a small super cute flock of pet Silkies. Then we have mostly Cream Legbar amoung a wonderful assortment of laying hens.I am a wife and Mother. We have 2 dogs, and our always growing flock of chickens. The kids have a small super cute flock of pet Silkies. Then we have mostly Cream Legbar amoung a wonderful assortment of laying hens.post #6515 of 65872/17/16 at 6:16pmpost #6516 of 65872/17/16 at 6:17pmpost #6517 of 65873/5/16 at 8:18amAre there any white plymouth rock breeders here in Northern California? I saw some beauties at the PPBA show in January in Modesto and would love to add some to my egg layeying flock.post #6518 of 65873/25/16 at 11:38ampost #6519 of 65873/27/16 at 6:31pmQuote:this is a hatchery stock barred rock hen im sure she gives you lots of eggs but probably wont win you any prizes at a show http://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6632689/ theres a link to a nice barred rock hen nice yellow legs tail is more horizontal and her barring Is more crisp nice definition between black and white. There are alot of pictures on byc of hatchery and show quality barred rocks the more you look the easier it is to see differences hope this helps and good luckpost #6520 of 65874/4/16 at 9:24amHello everyone. I know a little bit about chickens. Though am a fly tier Grizzly Hackle (black and white barring chickens) there are so many types but it all comes down to the gene pool and as a fly tier, the amount of different color and shade of feathers is difficult to favem. Genetic Hackle has its ups and downs. The stem, color, length, is all up to the chicken. This breed of chicken has been a very useful type of chicken for fly tiers. Hens and rosters have there place. Just thought I should post and share a little something about this breed. Grizzly hackle hen and roster white and black barring type chickens. Some tiers like different shades of grizzly. Like dun grizzly, dark grizzly( more black and less white) light grizzly( more white than black )
Hope everyone has a great day and enjoy growing
- Farm Daze
- › Poultry school, Enroll Today! (chickens/ducks/geese,Any poultry!) 4 seconds ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 25 seconds ago
- › October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!! 28 seconds ago
- › The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding Thread from a Breeder without... 36 seconds ago
- › little black chick in the back 50 seconds ago
- › RodNTN's chat thread! 51 seconds ago
- › Hello from WA 2 minutes ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 2 minutes ago
- › Chickens Vs Ducks 3 minutes ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 3 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.
- › Don't Know Where To Find/Ask/Post...
- › A Flock Tale