Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemRussian Orlofftagged by theuglyduckling, 1/11/15
Related Forum Threads
- Good Roosters? Last post on 1/17/12 at 8:47am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Blue Bell the silkie; he or she? Last post on 1/3/12 at 12:13am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- KUMMER POULTRY FARM: Any Experiences? Last post on 11/27/11 at 10:28am in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Russian Orloffs Last post on 10/4/16 at 7:50pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
Russian Orloff Mahogany
Last edited: 1/10/12
- Russian Orloff The Orloff Is Most Common In It S Spangled Variety...Last edited: 1/10/12
- Russian Orloff Red And WhiteLast edited: 1/10/12
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act like a pet...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !! - Page 131post #1301 of 13668/1/15 at 7:17pm5, bluish,feathered feet, small, slight bump on their heads. Lol. They're definitely silkies. Fairly certain the one with stripes is a partridge color. The other color is red, buff, or Patridge but I'm not sure. Just going based off of what ideal has in the silkie selections and what I could find on here. I'll get better pics tomorrow I'm just dead exhausted todaypost #1302 of 13668/2/15 at 7:49am
If the red striped chick doesn't have black feet with an extra toe, it could be a partridge Modern Game Bantam. If it IS a MGB, they are a wonderful/beautiful bird and my friendliest breed with LOTS of personality. :)
Be-Deviled Egg Hobby Farm
Saipans, Shamo, Thai Games, Bantam Cornish, Silkies, Bantam & LF Cochins, OEGB, d'uccles, Australorp, Ameraucana, Olive Eggers, Cinnamon Queens, Cuckoo Marans, Black Copper Marans, Cherry Eggers, RIR, Jersey Giants, Modern Game Bantams, Cream Legbars, Bielefelders, Malines, Neiderrheiner, Pavlovskaya, Isbar, Serama, Swedish Black Hens, Blue Andalusians.
Be-Deviled Egg Hobby Farm
Saipans, Shamo, Thai Games, Bantam Cornish, Silkies, Bantam & LF Cochins, OEGB, d'uccles, Australorp, Ameraucana, Olive Eggers, Cinnamon Queens, Cuckoo Marans, Black Copper Marans, Cherry Eggers, RIR, Jersey Giants, Modern Game Bantams, Cream Legbars, Bielefelders, Malines, Neiderrheiner, Pavlovskaya, Isbar, Serama, Swedish Black Hens, Blue Andalusians.post #1303 of 13668/6/15 at 4:58pmpost #1304 of 13668/17/15 at 9:03pmpost #1305 of 13668/18/15 at 10:04ampost #1306 of 13668/24/15 at 9:35pmpost #1307 of 13668/25/15 at 10:40amHey guys here's some updates to some pictures I posted a while ago when they were babies. So here's my buff laced polish
My white crested black polish that was pecked severely and had to be separated
Black silkies!!! They're so cute
red silkie with red crested red polish
Millie fleur roo, I had my fingers crossed it was a roo and he turned out to be one so I'm super happy
buff orpington pulley
Orpington roo and red crested red polish
"Americauna" Easter eggers
And last got a throw in a pic of my golden neck she's not from ideal but I love herpost #1308 of 13668/29/15 at 10:26amHere's an update on my chicks with lots of pics. All of them managed to live and are almost 5 weeks. I think I came out with 1 buff silkie, 3 partridge, and two black. My bcw polish aren't true to the picture ideal had but I wasn't expecting them to. Two of them look more like silver laced polish. I've reomed 3 silkies and my twi bcw polish that had way too much black. Now I'm just playing the waiting game to see which ones are hens so I can pick out a few to keep. I have done idea what's what but I want to wait and be sure. Last night was their first night out side. I only had one bcw that took awhile to settle down and sleep. So far so good. Some are missing a toenail but I just wanted pet chicks not show quality so I'm fine with it. 2 of my wcb polish got feather pecked but I got some peck-no-more stuff off ebay and it seems to have stopped the crest pecking. Over all I'm happy with ideal. I'll continue to post up date picks as they get older. Right now I'm down to 10 after re homing some.
Newest to oldest pics
This is my sultan from ideal. Very friendly and cuddlypost #1309 of 13668/29/15 at 10:35ampost #1310 of 13669/25/15 at 5:05pm
Picked these up today at the farm store that uses Ideal.
3 Lavender guineas
3 White guineas
3 large fowl Cochins - I think they may be 2 golden laced and 1 partridge
1 straight run - the red chick... maybe new hampshire?
Gonna try and stick em under a broody tonight. Except for the cochins... I want to hand raise those :)
I'll try and post pics as they grow.
- Russian Orloff The Orloff Is Most Common In It S Spangled Variety...
- › Silkie thread! 7 seconds ago
- › Questionable breed from hatchery: Barred Rock with yellow faces? 11 seconds ago
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 20 seconds ago
- › problem in the coop 33 seconds ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 35 seconds ago
- › October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!! 37 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 42 seconds ago
- › what is wrong with giving RAW eggshells ? 1 minute ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 1 minute ago
- › Average Weight of Pullets and Average weight of Roosters...... 1 minute ago
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.