Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemRussian Orlofftagged by theuglyduckling, 1/11/15
Related Forum Threads
- Good Roosters? Last post on 1/17/12 at 8:47am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Blue Bell the silkie; he or she? Last post on 1/3/12 at 12:13am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- KUMMER POULTRY FARM: Any Experiences? Last post on 11/27/11 at 10:28am in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Russian Orloffs Last post on 10/4/16 at 7:50pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
Russian Orloff Mahogany
Last edited: 1/10/12
- Russian Orloff The Orloff Is Most Common In It S Spangled Variety...Last edited: 1/10/12
- Russian Orloff Red And WhiteLast edited: 1/10/12
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !! - Page 132post #1312 of 136610/21/15 at 8:34amI have 2 Buff Orpingtons
1 Black cochin
2 mallard ducks
From ideal. I will post pics of them. I get compliments all the time on how bright yellow and beautiful my buffs are. (not sure if bright yellow is standard for them) My black cochin has a very crooked beak. It doesn't close well. We hand feed her everyday because she cant pick up food well. But that's the only problem I've had with them. My mallards are great, other than they both turned out to be drakes. I will be replacing them with two pullets soon.post #1313 of 13661/1/16 at 5:11pmpost #1314 of 13661/2/16 at 7:27pm
All my chickens (so far) came from Pope's Garden in New Jersey who buys from Ideal. Pope's is a reasonable drive for me and sells chicks at a few days old . I could mix and match with a low minimum. I LOVE the birds, but...one of the Buff Orpingtons has yellow legs (I am told this may mean she is not an Orpington?) and a pullet Barred Rock turned out to be a cockeral. I am giving him away to a good home tomorrow , but I am in mourning because he loves to be picked up and follows us around!post #1315 of 13661/2/16 at 7:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Lelanae
All my chickens (so far) came from Pope's Garden in New Jersey who buys from Ideal. Pope's is a reasonable drive for me and sells chicks at a few days old . I could mix and match with a low minimum. I LOVE the birds, but...one of the Buff Orpingtons has yellow legs (I am told this may mean she is not an Orpington?) and a pullet Barred Rock turned out to be a cockeral. I am giving him away to a good home tomorrow , but I am in mourning because he loves to be picked up and follows us around!
Your buff is a Rock, not an Orpington. Ideal is one of the only big hatcheries that have Buff Rocks.post #1316 of 13661/6/16 at 10:04pm
So excited! Ordered my chicks today! Had a lousy experience with Meyer last year, so hoping better with Ideal this year. Went crazy and ordered most of my dream breeds. Felt bad for the poor lady on the phone lol. My babies won't be here until March, but I'll post pics when they do arrive, and again later when they're grown (assuming any make it to adulthood.. ).
I ordered: 3 Spangled Cornish bantams, 3 WLR Cornish bantams, 3 Red Pyle Modern Game bantams, 3 Silver Blue Modern Game bantams, 3 Silver Sebrights, 3 WFB Spanish bantams, 3 Porcelain D'uccles, 3 assorted Frizzle Cochin bantams, 3 Mottled Cochin bantams, 3 Light Brahma bantams, 3 Buff Laced Polish, 3 Silver Laced Polish, 3 Naked Necks (my favorites), 3 Speckled Sussex, and 3 Silver Campines. Also wait-listed for SS Hamburgs, SS Spitzhaubens, Cream Brabanters, Silver Lakenvelders, and Dorkings. Gonna be fun trying to figure out who's who when they get here.
My zoo/family: Moi, DH, 8 y/o son, baby girl with wings, 2 horses, 5 dogs, 6 cats, pygmy goat, 2 cockatiels, rabbit, 50+ chickens, 2 ducks, guinea fowl, goldfish, and 2 incubators (they count, right?)... and counting!
My zoo/family: Moi, DH, 8 y/o son, baby girl with wings, 2 horses, 5 dogs, 6 cats, pygmy goat, 2 cockatiels, rabbit, 50+ chickens, 2 ducks, guinea fowl, goldfish, and 2 incubators (they count, right?)... and counting!post #1317 of 13661/7/16 at 7:27ampost #1318 of 13661/7/16 at 7:56amQuote:
It's most likely that the feed store ordered the assorted Plymouth Rocks and Buff Orpingtons, and the employees just didn't know which buff chicks where which.post #1319 of 13661/7/16 at 9:26am
- Russian Orloff The Orloff Is Most Common In It S Spangled Variety...
- › Tree trunks safe? 52 seconds ago
- › temperature - shipped eggs 53 seconds ago
- › Melancholy 1 minute ago
- › Chickens Crop 1 minute ago
- › NEED HELP!! 1 minute ago
- › Renovated Shed to Coop and Run 2 minutes ago
- › The Old Folks Home 3 minutes ago
- › Keeping Chickens Free Range 3 minutes ago
- › FERMENTED FEEDS...anyone using them? 5 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 6 minutes ago
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.