Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Help sexing wyandotte chickens- 2 weeks on update Last post on 6/22/16 at 8:47am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- looking for opinions on breeds Last post on 4/9/16 at 3:15am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/5/16 at 9:00pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- what breed are my laying hens?!?!?!?! Last post on 4/23/13 at 12:16pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help with breed and sex Last post on 8/10/16 at 12:42pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Wyandotte Silver Laced Wyandotte By Cat1994Last edited: 1/10/12
- Wyandotte Silver Laced By CarondesignLast edited: 1/10/12
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
The Wyandotte Thread - Page 1119post #11182 of 117085/21/15 at 5:39ampost #11183 of 117085/21/15 at 6:59ampost #11184 of 117085/21/15 at 7:22ampost #11185 of 117085/21/15 at 11:58amQuote:Originally Posted by megan13
How big do Wyandottes get? I mean, I know that they can be 7-8lbs but how long and how wide? I'm making nesting boxes for my hens, but they're not full growth yet. Could somebody measure their full grown hen? And how big are your nest boxes?
(I'm not planing on hatching chicks. Just for daily laying)
I like bigger than normal nests... so I have a 14 inch tall, 1 inch deep, and 2 feet wide box for my standard chickens, and for my bantams their box is 1 foot deep and 1 foot tall and 18 inches wide. I like the extra space, if two hens want to lay together, their is plenty of space without risk of egg breaking.
With my bantam boxes (my favorite) there is more super dark area behind the door, and they like laying where it is dark.Alaskan
Crawling about in the season of lots of light but getting darker every minute, and way crazier than usual.post #11186 of 117085/21/15 at 12:00pm
humm... sorry, no idea...
One problem is that Wyandottes can come in LOTS of different colors.
I can't tell from the photo, does the chick have a rose comb?Alaskan
Crawling about in the season of lots of light but getting darker every minute, and way crazier than usual.post #11187 of 117085/21/15 at 6:36pm
May I share my wyandotte mixes? I had a broody hen and bought some eggs from a friend. all but one of her roosters where wyandotte, with one being a buff orp. The hens are different types as well, but some where wyandotte.
Many of thema are showing some lacing patterns I believe! We are keeping 3 hens so I have to decide which ones I want to keep.
What do you think of them?
Thanks for letting me share!
Edited by ashncarson - 5/21/15 at 6:45pmpost #11188 of 117085/21/15 at 6:37pmpost #11189 of 117085/21/15 at 9:00pmpost #11190 of 117085/22/15 at 7:28pm
I was wondering if anyone could help with Gender on some wyandotte mixes. I got better photos today. This is the one in question. I am trying to work on lining up homes for the roosters and I would have to give it away and have it be a pullet
They are only 4 weeks old, but one other I know is a rooster for sure, but he has a single comb. I have never had this type of comb
I have seen this one peck on the other chicks and pull out some down.
- Farm Daze
- › Moulting early - I think it is my fault. 32 seconds ago
- › Lavender Orpington project .... 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › spurs,2 2 minutes ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 2 minutes ago
- › RodNTN's chat thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 3 minutes ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 4 minutes ago
- › Breed Identification please? 4 minutes ago
- › International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP 5 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.
- › Don't Know Where To Find/Ask/Post...
- › A Flock Tale