If you got her from a hatchery or feed store she should start laying about 6 months. If you got her from a breeder a heritage Wyandotte can take 7-8 months sometimes.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Help sexing wyandotte chickens- 2 weeks on update Last post on 6/22/16 at 8:47am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- looking for opinions on breeds Last post on 4/9/16 at 3:15am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/5/16 at 9:00pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- what breed are my laying hens?!?!?!?! Last post on 4/23/13 at 12:16pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help with breed and sex Last post on 8/10/16 at 12:42pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Wyandotte Silver Laced Wyandotte By Cat1994Last edited: 1/10/12
- Wyandotte Silver Laced By CarondesignLast edited: 1/10/12
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
The Wyandotte Thread - Page 1148post #11471 of 1171012/1/15 at 11:08amQuote:16 Gold Sexlinks, 2 Ameraucana/Leghorn EEs, 13 EE's, 7 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 1 Gold Cuckoo Marans, 12 Bev Davis Black Copper Marans, 5 Lavender Wyandottes, yes Lavender Wyandotte. Also raise Cornish X meat birds.16 Gold Sexlinks, 2 Ameraucana/Leghorn EEs, 13 EE's, 7 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 1 Gold Cuckoo Marans, 12 Bev Davis Black Copper Marans, 5 Lavender Wyandottes, yes Lavender Wyandotte. Also raise Cornish X meat birds.
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #11472 of 1171012/1/15 at 12:38pm5 chickens, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 5 hermit crabs, 19 fish(betta, mollies, platys, Angel, and koi)5 chickens, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 5 hermit crabs, 19 fish(betta, mollies, platys, Angel, and koi)post #11473 of 1171012/2/15 at 11:35ampost #11474 of 1171012/2/15 at 6:05pmpost #11475 of 1171012/2/15 at 6:14pmpost #11476 of 1171012/3/15 at 7:45ampost #11477 of 1171012/3/15 at 7:59amQuote:
I love the Jubilee. Are they LF or bantam?16 Gold Sexlinks, 2 Ameraucana/Leghorn EEs, 13 EE's, 7 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 1 Gold Cuckoo Marans, 12 Bev Davis Black Copper Marans, 5 Lavender Wyandottes, yes Lavender Wyandotte. Also raise Cornish X meat birds.post #11478 of 1171012/3/15 at 9:09ampost #11479 of 1171012/3/15 at 11:57pmQuote:
May I ask how you determined coccidiosis? Some strains are impossible to detect without fecal tests. I understand only a couple strains of cocci show obvious blood in the poops but that the other strains are not detectable by just looking at the fecal matter. Some strains are kind of silent killers so how did you ultimately determine it was cocci?
I take a fecal sample at least once a year from a bird in my flock to have the vet test for worms/cocci. I don't like to routinely treat for cocci if it's not necessary. I ordered a couple birds from a breeder and my practice is to take fecal samples immediately to the vet for testing and both birds were shipped with worms/cocci and one had respiratory issues. There was no knowing how long these juvenile birds were sick before we got them - the vet saved one bird but had to euthanize the other.
I understand some breeders don't like to vaccinate or medicate their birds to breed for natural hardiness in their birds but then I don't know why they ship the not-so-hardy ones to customers?post #11480 of 1171012/4/15 at 12:58pm
Two of the diseased pullets were send to the veterinarian for autopsy.
The next day he send me his verdict by email.
I started with the jubilee Wyandotte bantams in February 2013 and never had any health issues so far.
In september I left for a month of traveling in Argentina and when I came back home I was surprised to see my flock in such bad shape.
They were taking care of by my brother who did everything I asked, but he is not that much of a chicken person and he didn't recognize a chicken in bad health.
Almost 50% was lost, but if they would have gotten the treatment sooner I think lots of them could have been saved.
- Farm Daze
- › Silkie thread! 6 seconds ago
- › Hens aren't eating layer feed 45 seconds ago
- › Just Joined From GA 49 seconds ago
- › Hen sitting on fertile eggs but only at night 1 minute ago
- › Anything Art :) 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 2 minutes ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 2 minutes ago
- › Mixing feeds 3 minutes ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 3 minutes ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page