(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Brand new...so new, in fact, I don't even have chickens yet. I've been saving up for three years to build the perfect chicken house to keep my hens safe and healthy. The exterior is now finished, but I still have some work to do on the interior. It's 11'X11' with an 11'X25' run.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
(3) What breeds do you have?
None yet. But my goal is 6 Wyandottes (of different colors), 2 Speckled Sussex, and 2 wheaten Marans. I'll also keep 2 Ameraucanas for a friend. I am now actively looking for pullets, so if you have any within 4-5 hours of Columbia, SC, I'll come by to pick them up. I'm looking for healthy, beautiful hens that I could possibly show.
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I groom, show, train, and judge dogs. I used to train and show hunter/jumpers. I'm an avid gardener, learning all the time---and killing grass as fast as I can. I love to kayak and have jumped out of a perfectly good airplane.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have a wonderful, patient, tolerant husband; and we unschool our two boys (22 & 14). We live with a beagle (SodaPop), and a cat (Esme). I keep two hives of bees.
Edited by kellyinsc - 1/9/10 at 11:05am