Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 5/30/16 at 7:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Japanese BlackLast edited: 1/10/12
- Japanese Grey Tail Buff Japanese SultanLast edited: 1/10/12
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
Japanese Bantam Thread! - Page 239post #2381 of 267112/29/15 at 7:51pmIf your long legged hens are broody, then sure!Swedish ducks, golden comets and a light brahma roo, lavender orpingtons, bantam orpingtons (chocolate, black, mauve, splash), bantam cochins, old english bantams (silver duckwing and self blue), and Seramas!Swedish ducks, golden comets and a light brahma roo, lavender orpingtons, bantam orpingtons (chocolate, black, mauve, splash), bantam cochins, old english bantams (silver duckwing and self blue), and Seramas!post #2382 of 267112/30/15 at 11:10amI got some jap bantam eggs on eBay. I hope these are good specimens. Here is a link to the purchase. What do you think of the parents ? http://m.ebay.com/itm/White-Japanese-Black-Tail-Bantam-Hatching-Eggs-8-NPIP-SHOW-QUALITY-/272084437122?txnId=0post #2383 of 267112/30/15 at 12:30pmQuote:it looked like some of their legs were long. If they breed with a short legged hen/rooster there is a 50% chance some of the eggs wont even hatch because of a lethal gene this breed is carriers of. They are pretty birds. 😊Originally Posted by ScottyTerrier
I got some jap bantam eggs on eBay. I hope these are good specimens. Here is a link to the purchase. What do you think of the parents ? http://m.ebay.com/itm/White-Japanese-Black-Tail-Bantam-Hatching-Eggs-8-NPIP-SHOW-QUALITY-/272084437122?txnId=0post #2384 of 267112/30/15 at 1:13pmQuote:
I don't expect too much from ebay purchases. I had a good silkie hatch from ebay but I also tried to buy another breeds eggs which had 0 fertile eggs. Still hoping for the best of course!post #2385 of 267112/30/15 at 3:35pmQuote:
Japanese bantam eggs-ebay-the first eight-nothing hatched-the breeder sent 12 more eggs at no expense to me-5 hatched and four survived. I am pleased. I have three roosters and one hen-healthy and beautiful. Shipped eggs are a gamble no matter where they come from.post #2386 of 267112/31/15 at 5:11pmpost #2387 of 267112/31/15 at 6:30pmpost #2388 of 26711/1/16 at 8:21ampost #2389 of 26711/1/16 at 9:38amQuote:
Standing the eggs on their pointed end for 24 hours before incubating is supposed to help with detached air cells; it didn't help with mine but it never hurts to try.post #2390 of 26711/1/16 at 9:44am
- Farm Daze
Currently, there are 1596 Active Users (184 Members and 1412 Guests)
- › The Duck Ladie's (And her ducks') Thread! 5 seconds ago
- › The Incubators Thread!!! Come Join And Learn!!! 30 seconds ago
- › Topic of the Week - Dogs and chickens 1 minute ago
- › how many Eggs you get today 1 minute ago
- › Poultry school, Enroll Today! (chickens/ducks/geese,Any poultry!) 1 minute ago
- › Japanese quail with everything possible wrong, need urgent advice 2 minutes ago
- › YO GEORGIANS! :) 3 minutes ago
- › Silkiecuddles Chat Thread!!! ANYBODY welcome!!! 3 minutes ago
- › No eggs 3 minutes ago
- › Dixie Chicks 4 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.
- › Don't Know Where To Find/Ask/Post...