Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 5/30/16 at 7:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Japanese BlackLast edited: 1/10/12
- Japanese Grey Tail Buff Japanese SultanLast edited: 1/10/12
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
Japanese Bantam Thread! - Page 263
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2622 of 26715/27/16 at 12:59pmpost #2623 of 26715/27/16 at 6:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by niqueie
I'm hoping someone can help me determine if I have a girl or boy. This chick is a little over 4 weeks old. The comb is very pale (no pink).
That is what my black tailed buff cockeral looked like at 4 weeks old. He's 4 months old now and crowed today for the first time.post #2624 of 26715/29/16 at 3:14pm
This past March I bought two Japanese White with Black tail Bantams. I also bought two silkies, one black and one blue. They are now all 6 weeks old, and going by behavior, at the very least one of my Japanese Whites is a roo. He is vigilant whenever I let them out to run. When I take pictures, he gets between me and the other three. Yesterday he tried to crow, doesn't have it quite right yet. I have a lone grown Le Fluer D'Uccle from last year, a chicken and lays eggs very well. She crows all the time. The silkies are much bigger than the Japanese Whites, and the one I think is a roo is yet still bigger than the other White. In fact, she had an accident at about 3 weeks and has not grown much since then. But she is thriving now, I call her Tiny, and the other White I call Fly Boy, because he flies everywhere!post #2625 of 26715/29/16 at 4:11pmpost #2626 of 26715/29/16 at 5:16pmpost #2627 of 26715/29/16 at 5:22pmpost #2628 of 26715/29/16 at 5:41pmpost #2629 of 26715/29/16 at 5:50pm
- Farm Daze
- › Is buying from hatcheries a no-no? 4 seconds ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 17 seconds ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 37 seconds ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 53 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 57 seconds ago
- › Should I Be Worried About This POO? I Am... 57 seconds ago
- › Should I be worried about the baby? 1 minute ago
- › Stella's Social Club 2 minutes ago
- › need tips for getting new ducks to eat there food 2 minutes ago
- › Ducks muddy up Chicken waterer 2 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age