Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- To Make An Olive Egger......Legbar????? Last post on 2/21/17 at 6:11pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Easter Eggers Last post on 6/7/15 at 11:34am in Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying
- Easter Eggers Last post on 1/6/14 at 3:56pm in New Member Introductions
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: 2/24/17
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
I have had a number of Polish over the past three years and I can definitively say I will never get another one. I have a medium sized (25) mixed flock and the Polish were constantly being picked...
This breed although a slow growing meat bird in reaching its weight potential can be worth the wait. Its downy type feathering helps disperse flavor enhancers throughout the body making the...
I dont understand the reviews on them being skittish, its called babying them! If you want a nice chicken you have to play with them and make them think youre the mother hen. I know I have, they...
We've had chickens two different times so far over the years, and Australorps are always our first choice. Both times they started laying for us at 6 months old or a little before. We got them...
my dutch rooster Pecan is the best chicken i have ever had. he will protect his flock, but is very sweet to people. hes very small, so he doesn't eat very much. i hope to get more in soon.
Araucana thread anyone? - Page 881
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #8802 of 938410/8/15 at 3:16pmpost #8803 of 938410/8/15 at 3:18pmpost #8804 of 938410/8/15 at 3:20pmpost #8805 of 938410/8/15 at 4:09pm
The black one has a pea comb and will likely lay either blue or a shade of green. The pea comb gene and the gene for blue egg shells are located near each other and usually get inherited together. There are exceptions, but they are rare. Both genes are dominant, so if they are present, they will exhibit. Since the light red one has a single comb, she likely didn't inherit the blue egg gene.
If you got them from the same place, then they are both likely Easter Eggers, even though the black one looks close enough to meet the breed standard for a black Ameraucana.post #8806 of 938410/8/15 at 4:17pmpost #8807 of 938410/8/15 at 4:20pmpost #8808 of 938410/8/15 at 9:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by smoothmule
Update on my Chocolate Araucana project pen. I have a few chicks in the grow out pen, nothing spectacular. Seems all the chicks hatched early spring had pale skin but another cross back to yellow and they will be yellow skinned. The oldest chick appears to be a cockerel, very good but he could be nicer. The more recent chicks hatched have all been yellow skinned and much nicer chicks. Most have been rumpless. One single tufted, most clean faced and this one chick is awesome, double tufted/rumpless and yellow skin!
The chick is a little more fluffed up here. The tufts look pretty even at this point, fully rumpless, very yellow skin.....and huge feet. Lol. Hoping for a cockerelTrue LF Araucanas's, Tomaru's (longcrowers), Cemani, Jungle Fowl, Oriental Game Fowl, Guineas, Muscovy ducks, Black Spanish turkey, Mute Swan (Rachel), Llama's, Brahman type and stock cows, Exotic colored Ponies, MFT's, 4 dogs, 3 orange barn cats and my African Grey Parrot.True LF Araucanas's, Tomaru's (longcrowers), Cemani, Jungle Fowl, Oriental Game Fowl, Guineas, Muscovy ducks, Black Spanish turkey, Mute Swan (Rachel), Llama's, Brahman type and stock cows, Exotic colored Ponies, MFT's, 4 dogs, 3 orange barn cats and my African Grey Parrot.post #8809 of 938410/9/15 at 8:32ampost #8810 of 938410/9/15 at 8:43am
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
- › Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed! 6 seconds ago
- › Nana or Pop..? 1 minute ago
- › Hello from Greenville SC 4 minutes ago
- › NY chicken lover!!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Hello from NC 6 minutes ago
- › From Nashville 7 minutes ago
- › prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome) 9 minutes ago
- › BRINSEA OCTAGON ADVANCED FIRST HATCH!!!!!!! 9 minutes ago
- › The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread 10 minutes ago
- › Hi BYC! 11 minutes ago