Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 4/15/17 at 5:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/17 at 1:18pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- To Make An Olive Egger......Legbar????? Last post on 4/4/17 at 4:26pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Easter Eggers Last post on 6/7/15 at 11:34am in Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying
- Easter Eggers Last post on 1/6/14 at 3:56pm in New Member Introductions
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: 3/22/17
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
I only have one aracana so this review isnt about the entire breed, but my Star is a awesome hen. She is a 3 year old black muff-less aracana, that lays green eggs every day and is both heat...
Let me say that first off, if you don't have these quail or have ugly japanese quail, GET SOME! Bob's are sooo much hardier than japanese and similar breeds, much prettier, and make for better...
I bought this incubator about 6 years ago based on enthusiastic BYC member reviews. I used it approximately 4 times over the next several years with awesome results hatching chicken, duck and...
My experience with Welsummers have been great! PROS: She is very pretty. I love her golden nape (back of neck) feathers. Her eggs are amazing! I love their dark color! She is a...
Araucana thread anyone? - Page 881post #8802 of 942810/8/15 at 3:16pmpost #8803 of 942810/8/15 at 3:18pmpost #8804 of 942810/8/15 at 3:20pmpost #8805 of 942810/8/15 at 4:09pm
The black one has a pea comb and will likely lay either blue or a shade of green. The pea comb gene and the gene for blue egg shells are located near each other and usually get inherited together. There are exceptions, but they are rare. Both genes are dominant, so if they are present, they will exhibit. Since the light red one has a single comb, she likely didn't inherit the blue egg gene.
If you got them from the same place, then they are both likely Easter Eggers, even though the black one looks close enough to meet the breed standard for a black Ameraucana.post #8806 of 942810/8/15 at 4:17pmpost #8807 of 942810/8/15 at 4:20pmpost #8808 of 942810/8/15 at 9:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by smoothmule
Update on my Chocolate Araucana project pen. I have a few chicks in the grow out pen, nothing spectacular. Seems all the chicks hatched early spring had pale skin but another cross back to yellow and they will be yellow skinned. The oldest chick appears to be a cockerel, very good but he could be nicer. The more recent chicks hatched have all been yellow skinned and much nicer chicks. Most have been rumpless. One single tufted, most clean faced and this one chick is awesome, double tufted/rumpless and yellow skin!
The chick is a little more fluffed up here. The tufts look pretty even at this point, fully rumpless, very yellow skin.....and huge feet. Lol. Hoping for a cockerelTrue LF Araucanas's, Tomaru's (longcrowers), Cemani, Jungle Fowl, Oriental Game Fowl, Guineas, Muscovy ducks, Black Spanish turkey, Mute Swan (Rachel), Llama's, Brahman type and stock cows, Exotic colored Ponies, MFT's, 4 dogs, 3 orange barn cats and my African Grey Parrot.True LF Araucanas's, Tomaru's (longcrowers), Cemani, Jungle Fowl, Oriental Game Fowl, Guineas, Muscovy ducks, Black Spanish turkey, Mute Swan (Rachel), Llama's, Brahman type and stock cows, Exotic colored Ponies, MFT's, 4 dogs, 3 orange barn cats and my African Grey Parrot.post #8809 of 942810/9/15 at 8:32ampost #8810 of 942810/9/15 at 8:43am
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 16 seconds ago
- › What is this chicken thinking? 1 minute ago
- › "Other Poultry Types" Pic of the Week (POW) 3 minutes ago
- › Opinions please... SLW Roo? 5 minutes ago
- › Troyergals Chat Thread!!! 7 minutes ago
- › Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread! 11 minutes ago
- › Sudden feather loss? 15 minutes ago
- › Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included* 16 minutes ago
- › Should I candle my eggs ? If so when and tips please?? 19 minutes ago
- › RodNTN's chat thread! 25 minutes ago
- › Araucana by PoultryAddict 1
- › Bobwhite by PoultryAddict 1
- › Polish by AmySellersARt
- › Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO Auto Turn Egg Incubator by SeaHen
- › Welsummer by TheBantyCoop
- › Easter Eggers by TheBantyCoop
- › Barred Rock by TheBantyCoop
- › Production by crazy rooster34
- › Golden Sex Link by crazy rooster34
- › Brahma by Henrik Petersson
- › And the chicken generation...
- › Mustangs Recent Chicken Pictures
- › My BYC family. P.S you guys are awesome
- › Pure English Silver Laced hens also!
- › The Life Of A New Hampshire Hen
- › Pure English Silver Laced Rooster
- › °The Flight of the Burritos° A RP of...
- › General and Lily
- › New Simple but Secure Chicken Coop
- › aart's Chick Corral