Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- To Make An Olive Egger......Legbar????? Last post on 7/5/16 at 2:47pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Easter Eggers Last post on 6/7/15 at 11:34am in Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying
- Easter Eggers Last post on 1/6/14 at 3:56pm in New Member Introductions
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: 1/16/17
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
I was looking for a meat outcross for my EE hens, so I bought 25 Dark Cornish roosters. I raised them together and culled them down (sent to freezer camp) all but 5, then introduced them to my...
I've had several of these chickens. The free rooster I got from the hatchery looks like the one in the main photo. I also have a red one. The hens are all unique. They have the same basic...
I purchased two pullets and a cockerel from a fellow chicken lover. I don't regret it at all. These birds aren't too flighty, and always know when it's time to roost. They are great foragers, but...
We have two pair of these - black and blue. The females are sweet and make good show birds for small children. The lay enormous eggs considering their body size. The males are very agressive as is...
I have had a Bantam Dark Brahma, River Styx, who was as friendly (and as fast) as could be. she would never beat up on other birds or struggle in my arms. My current Brahma bird, India (no, I...
Araucana thread anyone? - Page 881
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #8802 of 937610/8/15 at 3:16pmpost #8803 of 937610/8/15 at 3:18pmpost #8804 of 937610/8/15 at 3:20pmpost #8805 of 937610/8/15 at 4:09pm
The black one has a pea comb and will likely lay either blue or a shade of green. The pea comb gene and the gene for blue egg shells are located near each other and usually get inherited together. There are exceptions, but they are rare. Both genes are dominant, so if they are present, they will exhibit. Since the light red one has a single comb, she likely didn't inherit the blue egg gene.
If you got them from the same place, then they are both likely Easter Eggers, even though the black one looks close enough to meet the breed standard for a black Ameraucana.post #8806 of 937610/8/15 at 4:17pmpost #8807 of 937610/8/15 at 4:20pmpost #8808 of 937610/8/15 at 9:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by smoothmule
Update on my Chocolate Araucana project pen. I have a few chicks in the grow out pen, nothing spectacular. Seems all the chicks hatched early spring had pale skin but another cross back to yellow and they will be yellow skinned. The oldest chick appears to be a cockerel, very good but he could be nicer. The more recent chicks hatched have all been yellow skinned and much nicer chicks. Most have been rumpless. One single tufted, most clean faced and this one chick is awesome, double tufted/rumpless and yellow skin!
The chick is a little more fluffed up here. The tufts look pretty even at this point, fully rumpless, very yellow skin.....and huge feet. Lol. Hoping for a cockerelTrue LF Araucanas's, Tomaru's (longcrowers), Cemani, Jungle Fowl, Oriental Game Fowl, Guineas, Muscovy ducks, Black Spanish turkey, Mute Swan (Rachel), Llama's, Brahman type and stock cows, Exotic colored Ponies, MFT's, 4 dogs, 3 orange barn cats and my African Grey Parrot.True LF Araucanas's, Tomaru's (longcrowers), Cemani, Jungle Fowl, Oriental Game Fowl, Guineas, Muscovy ducks, Black Spanish turkey, Mute Swan (Rachel), Llama's, Brahman type and stock cows, Exotic colored Ponies, MFT's, 4 dogs, 3 orange barn cats and my African Grey Parrot.post #8809 of 937610/9/15 at 8:32ampost #8810 of 937610/9/15 at 8:43am
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
- › ~A Morning at Mcdonalds~ (Inspired by Vachick,Summer,Peepers,... 4 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 32 seconds ago
- › molted in October and not laying any eggs 35 seconds ago
- › Yes or No? 42 seconds ago
- › Any Home Bakers Here? 1 minute ago
- › The Duck Thread 4 minutes ago
- › very sick goose *update: she's gone 5 minutes ago
- › International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP 5 minutes ago
- › ALABAMA!! 6 minutes ago
- › 《Human After All》A Role Play 6 minutes ago
- › Growing up chickens
- › 20 Things i wish i knew before i started...
- › Finally out of the coop!
- › A Portrait of Chicken....Portraits? (Chick...
- › An Experiment in Chick Sexing Methods
- › Poultry Ownership and Dealing with Loss (From...
- › WVduckchick's Ducks!
- › Our Lovely Ducks
- › My Pepper!
- › The little lone chick