Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- To Make An Olive Egger......Legbar????? Last post on 7/5/16 at 2:47pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Easter Eggers Last post on 6/7/15 at 11:34am in Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying
- Easter Eggers Last post on 1/6/14 at 3:56pm in New Member Introductions
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: 12/3/16
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
Our Blue Bell is a lovely bird. She is a great layer and good with the other 8- Sister Chicks. Good layer, 5-7 eggs per week. Not very friendly, and flies even with clipped...
We handled the chicks and they all come around us. The RR's are the dominant ones in the flock and really pick on the other 6 girls. When we are outdoors, the reds follow us like dogs, which we...
I have one Crested Blue Swedish, Squeaky. She has a Mate named Redford who is a male Black Swedish. I am pretty sure Squeaky (crest blue Swede) is a Crested Blue Swedish, her dad i think was but...
I have one little rooster and am seeking him a hen But I love him he is the cutest one we have he is the funniest
I loved my white cochin to pieces wish I still had her. She was my first broody that I've ever had and took great care of her chicks. Didn't lay eggs frequently. About 4 during a 7 day period.
Araucana thread anyone? - Page 881
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #8802 of 932810/8/15 at 3:16pmpost #8803 of 932810/8/15 at 3:18pmpost #8804 of 932810/8/15 at 3:20pmpost #8805 of 932810/8/15 at 4:09pm
The black one has a pea comb and will likely lay either blue or a shade of green. The pea comb gene and the gene for blue egg shells are located near each other and usually get inherited together. There are exceptions, but they are rare. Both genes are dominant, so if they are present, they will exhibit. Since the light red one has a single comb, she likely didn't inherit the blue egg gene.
If you got them from the same place, then they are both likely Easter Eggers, even though the black one looks close enough to meet the breed standard for a black Ameraucana.post #8806 of 932810/8/15 at 4:17pmpost #8807 of 932810/8/15 at 4:20pmpost #8808 of 932810/8/15 at 9:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by smoothmule
Update on my Chocolate Araucana project pen. I have a few chicks in the grow out pen, nothing spectacular. Seems all the chicks hatched early spring had pale skin but another cross back to yellow and they will be yellow skinned. The oldest chick appears to be a cockerel, very good but he could be nicer. The more recent chicks hatched have all been yellow skinned and much nicer chicks. Most have been rumpless. One single tufted, most clean faced and this one chick is awesome, double tufted/rumpless and yellow skin!
The chick is a little more fluffed up here. The tufts look pretty even at this point, fully rumpless, very yellow skin.....and huge feet. Lol. Hoping for a cockerelTrue LF Araucanas's, Tomaru's (longcrowers), Cemani, Jungle Fowl, Oriental Game Fowl, Guineas, Muscovy ducks, Black Spanish turkey, Mute Swan (Rachel), Llama's, Brahman type and stock cows, Exotic colored Ponies, MFT's, 4 dogs, 3 orange barn cats and my African Grey Parrot.True LF Araucanas's, Tomaru's (longcrowers), Cemani, Jungle Fowl, Oriental Game Fowl, Guineas, Muscovy ducks, Black Spanish turkey, Mute Swan (Rachel), Llama's, Brahman type and stock cows, Exotic colored Ponies, MFT's, 4 dogs, 3 orange barn cats and my African Grey Parrot.post #8809 of 932810/9/15 at 8:32ampost #8810 of 932810/9/15 at 8:43am
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
- › Chickens eating styrafoam 7 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 19 seconds ago
- › Eye problem / holding foot up 26 seconds ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 1 minute ago
- › RodNTN's chat thread! 1 minute ago
- › Easter egged chicks 1 minute ago
- › Unexpected Use 2 minutes ago
- › Hello from the Mojave in SoCal 2 minutes ago
- › Advise required (Urgent) 2 minutes ago
- › Meat bird assortment? Also Grey Rangers? 3 minutes ago
- › Why are my hens not laying? Click here for...
- › Chickens at Sweet Pea's Rustic Roost
- › The Art Of Socializing Chickens
- › The Lowly Christmas Tree!
- › Fall Chickens
- › The Story of Pepper the Easter Egger!
- › My backyard Coop
- › The little banty flock~
- › My BYC Family (best friends)
- › Our Dead World member page