Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- To Make An Olive Egger......Legbar????? Last post on 7/5/16 at 2:47pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Easter Eggers Last post on 6/7/15 at 11:34am in Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying
- Easter Eggers Last post on 1/6/14 at 3:56pm in New Member Introductions
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
Araucana thread anyone? - Page 897post #8961 of 91822/15/16 at 4:39pmAre all Aracauna's so sweet and gentle and quiet, or did I just get lucky? Mine isn't a push over in the flock, she definitely holds her own but she's just so nice and gentle towards us...and quiet like I said. Course I also have 3 Andalusians in the flock who make anyone sound quiet! They are the most obnoxious chickens ever! LOLpost #8962 of 91822/15/16 at 9:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bridebeliever
Are all Aracauna's so sweet and gentle and quiet, or did I just get lucky? Mine isn't a push over in the flock, she definitely holds her own but she's just so nice and gentle towards us...and quiet like I said. Course I also have 3 Andalusians in the flock who make anyone sound quiet! They are the most obnoxious chickens ever! LOL
my rescue araucana is sweet, gentle and quiet, the other 2 are quiet only. one of them yesterday had such a fight with a 7 mo BO cockerel that other hens started to peck her to protect the poor guy, lol.post #8963 of 91822/16/16 at 7:58amMaybe that's it. Mine is a rescue, I may never get an egg from her either because I don't know how old she is. She doesn't squat when I touch her back or lean over her. She's so nice and isn't a piggy when it comes to food so I'm just going to let her live out her days with us.post #8964 of 91822/16/16 at 8:05amQuote:Originally Posted by Bridebeliever
Maybe that's it. Mine is a rescue, I may never get an egg from her either because I don't know how old she is. She doesn't squat when I touch her back or lean over her. She's so nice and isn't a piggy when it comes to food so I'm just going to let her live out her days with us.
now I remember your beautiful chicken! can you post some pics of her? maybe we can try to guess her age if you manage to take good pics, especially her head and legs.post #8965 of 91822/16/16 at 10:41amSure! I'll get those pictures later, I'm in town right now. I will say when I got her her comb was very light pink, within a couple weeks she had gotten quit red. I thought maybe it was that she was now getting better nutrition and not stressed anymore. Can't imagine what the poor thing went through. She does have crooked toes, but walks fine.post #8966 of 91822/16/16 at 2:52pmpost #8967 of 91822/16/16 at 11:53pmQuote:
I am not an expert but it seems she was anemic when you got her. my lucky guess is that she might be about 2 yrs old. toes like that might be due to bad nutrition when she was young or too much inbreeding (maybe something else).
anyone else has opinion about this sweetheart?post #8968 of 91822/17/16 at 10:05amThat was going to be my guess. Two or maybe even three years old. I may get an egg from her occasionally. It will be neat to see a blue egg in person, never seen that before. She is so lovely in appearance and temperament that she has really made me fall in love with the breed.post #8969 of 91822/17/16 at 10:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Bridebeliever
That was going to be my guess. Two or maybe even three years old. I may get an egg from her occasionally. It will be neat to see a blue egg in person, never seen that before. She is so lovely in appearance and temperament that she has really made me fall in love with the breed.
my other 2 pullets are not gentle at all but they are so unusual that I simply must have them.they look more like wild birds than chickens. and my rescue pullet is blind in one eye but besides that very healthy. it seems that some chicken pecked her in the eye or there was an accident with the lamp. she is like a puppy, lol.post #8970 of 91822/17/16 at 10:58am
- The Chicken Chapel
- › Duck Cam in the Coop. 1 second ago
- › Pullet with diarrhea, when to worry? 1 minute ago
- › Dominique rooster behavior/maturity? 1 minute ago
- › How to tell if a hen is laying eggs? 1 minute ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 2 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 2 minutes ago
- › Broody Hen Thread! 3 minutes ago
- › Doe rebred too early 5 minutes ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 7 minutes ago
- › HELP! Automatic turn wasn't working properly. 14 days in! 7 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.
- › Don't Know Where To Find/Ask/Post...
- › A Flock Tale