Not Araucana, I can tell you that much for sure. That's actually a very common coloring for Easter Eggers, it's called wild-type partridge.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- To Make An Olive Egger......Legbar????? Last post on 7/5/16 at 2:47pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Easter Eggers Last post on 6/7/15 at 11:34am in Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying
- Easter Eggers Last post on 1/6/14 at 3:56pm in New Member Introductions
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
Araucana thread anyone? - Page 898
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #8972 of 91822/17/16 at 11:56amThanks for the info junebuggena I knew she was an EE but I keep seeing other colors not her particularly so its nice to know what her coloring is called we love her. We say if she was a person she would be a comedian. She is always the first one to greet me every morning and she loves yo talk to us its almost a coo .post #8973 of 91822/17/16 at 12:12pmQuote:
this is my silkie/araucana cross:
her mom was buff silkie.post #8974 of 91822/17/16 at 9:29pmpost #8975 of 91822/17/16 at 11:38pmpost #8976 of 91822/17/16 at 11:40pmpost #8977 of 91822/18/16 at 9:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Bridebeliever
That was going to be my guess. Two or maybe even three years old. I may get an egg from her occasionally. It will be neat to see a blue egg in person, never seen that before. She is so lovely in appearance and temperament that she has really made me fall in love with the breed.
this is my rescue one eyed girl:
she is about 5,5 months old. and this is her first eggpost #8978 of 91822/18/16 at 9:41amQuote:Originally Posted by cashdl
Here are a few of my birds. The pictures were taken at the poultry show in Modesto California last month. I entered 7 Large Fowl Golden Duckwing there were also 3 Black araucana exhibited by others in the AOSB class in the show. For the bantam exhibited in the AOCCL class, there were 6 blacks, 1 blue, and 5 whites exhibited by others. This was the Araucana Club of America's National Show.
Is the last rooster a golden duckwing? I'm still learning about the different color varieties. I mostly have black arucanas, I have a young rooster that I thought was black with some gold leakage. As he has gotten older, he's also gotten more gold. Now I'm thinking he may be a golden duckwing. He looks similar but not exactly the same.post #8979 of 91822/18/16 at 10:01ampost #8980 of 91822/18/16 at 12:12pm
- The Chicken Chapel
- › *In the Arctic* A Fox RP 1 minute ago
- › Condensation on Door 2 minutes ago
- › Silver Phoenix/Ameraucana and ? Crosses 5 minutes ago
- › Breed Identification please? 5 minutes ago
- › Toddlers are Quackers 5 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 7 minutes ago
- › HAWKS! 7 minutes ago
- › Michigan Thread - all are welcome! 7 minutes ago
- › Red Light? 7 minutes ago
- › Feather sex 8 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.
- › Don't Know Where To Find/Ask/Post...
- › A Flock Tale