Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- To Make An Olive Egger......Legbar????? Last post on 7/5/16 at 2:47pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Easter Eggers Last post on 6/7/15 at 11:34am in Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying
- Easter Eggers Last post on 1/6/14 at 3:56pm in New Member Introductions
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
Araucana thread anyone? - Page 901
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #9002 of 91942/20/16 at 8:41pmQuote:
Sorry, I didn't even see her! On mobile, so pic is small fingernail size for me, lol... I would put him over her... and maybe see what you get over the blacks too... dunno if the blues would work well or not... but I'd say definitely your avatar pic hen...post #9003 of 91942/20/16 at 8:43pmpost #9004 of 91942/20/16 at 8:47pmQuote:
He isn't a recognized variety. He's similar gold or silver duckwing, but not quite. He would be fine for Easter Eggers or mixed colored birds, but you're not going to get breed standard chicks from him.post #9005 of 91942/20/16 at 9:05pm
Nice! I see some good points for you to work with actually... he is of duckwing pattern, but the color can be corrected... I am in the middle of color correcting breeding in my Araucana bantams, and did a lot in 1 generation with a lot worse...
What is your goal? Are you willing to put in the time and breeding with them?post #9006 of 91942/20/16 at 9:28pmMy goal? That's a great question! I'm trying to sort through what I have and what is best to focus on. I don't show but I'd still like to work towards improving what I have. For me, that might mean focusing on one color group because separating colors might not be a possible for me......still working on that!
I appreciate any and all advice!post #9007 of 91942/20/16 at 9:32pmpost #9008 of 91942/20/16 at 9:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by chickencoop5
My goal? That's a great question! I'm trying to sort through what I have and what is best to focus on. I don't show but I'd still like to work towards improving what I have. For me, that might mean focusing on one color group because separating colors might not be a possible for me......still working on that!
I appreciate any and all advice!
That is really good to hear... you could just leave them as mixed color PQ birds, or sell off and start over, but personally I like the challenge and it is very satisfying to see your birds progress towards a set goal...
Do you only have the 1 roo, or do you have more?
I gotta dig for pics, or take new ones maybe tomorrow...post #9009 of 91942/20/16 at 10:27pm
Ok, I found some, lol...
This is a lf black pair...
And this is an old pic of him, he filled out quite a bit more...
And the bantams I started working with... this boy is a real hot mess of colors... others might have culled him, but I had a great mentor and decided to work with him...
This is what I've gotten from him, not correct yet, but much improved...
And he will cover her now...
It's a lot of work, time and patience, but worth it in the end...post #9010 of 91942/21/16 at 9:09amMy precious girl laid that blue egg this morning sometime. I came in to find it laid on the floor and EATEN! Only half the shell left! 😩😩😩 No! She can't be an egg eater!! None of my other chickens are egg eaters so I know it's not them. Now what!!? I don't want them to learn this!
- The Chicken Chapel
Currently, there are 1800 Active Users (184 Members and 1616 Guests)
- › FACE PAINTING CONTEST- Halloween Hatch-a-long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike,... 1 second ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 6 seconds ago
- › The Pita Pinta Asturiana 26 seconds ago
- › Poultry school, Enroll Today! (chickens/ducks/geese,Any poultry!) 40 seconds ago
- › 2 y o sexlink not laying 1 minute ago
- › Pigeon and Dove Q&A and Pictures 2 minutes ago
- › RodNTN's chat thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 3 minutes ago
- › Weird Eggs: Share if You Got 'Em? 3 minutes ago
- › A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100. 3 minutes ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.