BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Chicken Breeds › Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries › White yokohama from Cackle Hatchery
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

White yokohama from Cackle Hatchery - Page 6

post #51 of 59

Hello, Arkklon!

I live on Culebra and am trying to find a big island source for Black Stars. Any ideas or information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, and salud on your beautiful bird.

post #52 of 59
I need to buy one of the long-tailed bird in your picture.
 
You please email me about the current chickens: color, age, length of tail, ...
 
If I like it, I'll buy.
 
Thank you!!!
post #53 of 59

Email : toan183@gmail.com

post #54 of 59
I am ordering some red shoulder Yokohamas from cackle... And I have a question, how good of quality are they ? And will hey be perfect for just some 4h county fair, and is there red nice and not mixed up like I have heard. So would you suggest the red shoulders from them?
I am Nathan a 15 year old future wildlife biologist. I raise poultry for 4h and for the fun of it. I have 30 chickens atm, 12 ducks, 4 geese, 6 pheasants, 2 peafowl. 25 more special chickens for showing, and 10 more ducks this spring. My Instagram is @fowlfreak10 so come check it out for constant updates.
Reply
I am Nathan a 15 year old future wildlife biologist. I raise poultry for 4h and for the fun of it. I have 30 chickens atm, 12 ducks, 4 geese, 6 pheasants, 2 peafowl. 25 more special chickens for showing, and 10 more ducks this spring. My Instagram is @fowlfreak10 so come check it out for constant updates.
Reply
post #55 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate1the1great1 View Post

I am ordering some red shoulder Yokohamas from cackle... And I have a question, how good of quality are they ? And will hey be perfect for just some 4h county fair, and is there red nice and not mixed up like I have heard. So would you suggest the red shoulders from them?

 

Depending on how competitive your county fair is, I would think the Cackle Red-shouldered Yokohamas should be fine.  They certainly won't be as nice as birds from a good breeder, but I'm fairly certain that I've seen multiple reports that Cackle has the best Yokohamas of the big hatcheries.   Cackle has the breeder flock videos, so you can have a good idea of what you'll be getting.

 

I think the first thing to watch for with your hatchery birds is the comb--I had all three colors from Cackle last year and at least one of the birds had a pea comb (White, I think).   I think it'd help to feed them good feed--mine were a bit small but I'm kinda cheap about feed.

 

Here are two images of my Red Shouldered cockerel from Cackle--not sure how old he was, but probably younger than 20-weeks.  The image with the New Hampshire rooster is to show how dark his red was.

 

 

 

 

 

usually have between 20 and 50 chickens
Reply
usually have between 20 and 50 chickens
Reply
post #56 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by popsicle View Post

Depending on how competitive your county fair is, I would think the Cackle Red-shouldered Yokohamas should be fine.  They certainly won't be as nice as birds from a good breeder, but I'm fairly certain that I've seen multiple reports that Cackle has the best Yokohamas of the big hatcheries.   Cackle has the breeder flock videos, so you can have a good idea of what you'll be getting.

I think the first thing to watch for with your hatchery birds is the comb--I had all three colors from Cackle last year and at least one of the birds had a pea comb (White, I think).   I think it'd help to feed them good feed--mine were a bit small but I'm kinda cheap about feed.

Here are two images of my Red Shouldered cockerel from Cackle--not sure how old he was, but probably younger than 20-weeks.  The image with the New Hampshire rooster is to show how dark his red was.









It isn't that competitive K just wanted them for showing at the shows, and I heard they were the best from a hatchery also, but were I live there is no breeders in the area unless I wanted to go for a 3 day trip but I don't need that. I will post pics when I get them in a few months.
I am Nathan a 15 year old future wildlife biologist. I raise poultry for 4h and for the fun of it. I have 30 chickens atm, 12 ducks, 4 geese, 6 pheasants, 2 peafowl. 25 more special chickens for showing, and 10 more ducks this spring. My Instagram is @fowlfreak10 so come check it out for constant updates.
Reply
I am Nathan a 15 year old future wildlife biologist. I raise poultry for 4h and for the fun of it. I have 30 chickens atm, 12 ducks, 4 geese, 6 pheasants, 2 peafowl. 25 more special chickens for showing, and 10 more ducks this spring. My Instagram is @fowlfreak10 so come check it out for constant updates.
Reply
post #57 of 59
Are Yokohamas also allergic to grain? I have been wanting this breed and fou d a white roo I might pick up. Also aside fro. Hatcheries(I can't order 15 chicks haha) does anyone know of a breeder that sells chicks, or perhaps eggs if I can get an incubator or rent one?
post #58 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowsFIAL View Post

Are Yokohamas also allergic to grain? I have been wanting this breed and fou d a white roo I might pick up. Also aside fro. Hatcheries(I can't order 15 chicks haha) does anyone know of a breeder that sells chicks, or perhaps eggs if I can get an incubator or rent one?


Allergic?  No.  Saipan can't have whole grain because it can impact their crop--however my hatchery "Saipan" and Yokohama eat pelleted layer feed (lots of grain) without problems.  I only feed scratch to birds in areas where there aren't Saipan.

 

Look in the breed specific forums and the Buy-Sell-Trade section for longtail breeders.

usually have between 20 and 50 chickens
Reply
usually have between 20 and 50 chickens
Reply
post #59 of 59

Man, I wish he were a red shouldered!

 

I wonder what happens when the red shouldereds are mixed with the whites..

I really love the reds but when I see roos like this I get all excited about what my red shouldereds' chicks would look like with his genetics!

 

I got red roos from efowl but their markings weren't great, I eventually acquired a couple really nice red hens but haven't had luck in breeding them yet. Efowl's shipping survival rate wasn't great either.. Makes me wonder if yoka chicks just naturally weaker..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Chicken Breeds › Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries › White yokohama from Cackle Hatchery