Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Breed help? Last post on 1/3/12 at 5:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Red Sexed Link Oppinions... Last post on 12/4/12 at 6:32am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Light Brahma breeders- bantam or standard Last post on 5/2/14 at 12:02pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Show quality LF Light or Dark Brahamas?? Last post on 2/10/13 at 6:41pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- New Hampshire Red RedLast edited: 1/10/12
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
New Hampshire Breed Thread - Page 32post #311 of 32410/23/15 at 1:17pmQuote:Knowledge is Power, Practiced Knowledge is Strength,Tested Knowledge is ConfidenceQuote:Knowledge is Power, Practiced Knowledge is Strength,Tested Knowledge is Confidencepost #312 of 32411/8/15 at 7:53ampost #313 of 32411/10/15 at 6:53ampost #314 of 32411/10/15 at 6:57ampost #315 of 32412/4/15 at 1:40pmpost #316 of 3242/6/16 at 7:47pmpost #317 of 3242/7/16 at 12:23pmpost #318 of 3242/7/16 at 9:08pmpost #319 of 3242/28/16 at 4:37pmpost #320 of 3243/27/16 at 5:38am
New Hampshires (called New Hampshire Reds in England) are and always have been my favorite breed. They are beautiful, long lived, lay lots of large eggs, and can be very human friendly. I had one named Gladys, who acted like a dog. She could have been two fields away and when you called her by her name, she came running to hang out with me or be held. Sadly, she was taken by a fox and that was the end of the free ranging days for my chickens. New Hampshires are not too popular anymore, in these days of factory farming, and really good ones are hard to find. The ones that I have had and seen from commercial hatcheries are way undersized and, especially the roosters, are somewhat off in color. I still love them and will always have them.
- The Comedihens
- › Australia - Six states..and that funny little island. 2 minutes ago
- › White eye discharge 11 minutes ago
- › Pheasant aging 12 minutes ago
- › Male or Females 24 minutes ago
- › Just got a pair of Australorps and both look a bit worst for wares 26 minutes ago
- › African goose, male or female? 32 minutes ago
- › New Colours 35 minutes ago
- › Legal Elimination of Hawks and Owls 38 minutes ago
- › The Old Folks Home 48 minutes ago
- › My Pet Chicken Ghoulish Giveaway! 54 minutes ago
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.