Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryChicken Breedstagged by System, 1/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 5/30/16 at 7:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
Silkie thread! - Page 5657post #56562 of 6217810/22/15 at 5:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Fancychooklady
If your chick has the early signs of wryneck , known as ataxia, all the massage in the world will have little or no impact. Thiamine deficiency needs to be addressed by supplementing the diet. Once you have started a good poultry vitamin you should look at what you are feeding .
I feed them a good grower mash that has all the needed vitamins and greens on a daily basis. I got a good vitamin supplement that I will add to the water and feed it to the chick with a syringe. I did notice it is a picky eater could be why it is the only one that has got it.I breed with Australorps and Silkies and is not ashamed to admit that I am an incubator addictI breed with Australorps and Silkies and is not ashamed to admit that I am an incubator addictpost #56563 of 6217810/22/15 at 6:02ampost #56564 of 6217810/22/15 at 6:21am
Their worming product works but I can't say anything about supplements...post #56565 of 6217810/22/15 at 6:27ampost #56566 of 6217810/22/15 at 7:12amQuote:
Its supossed to be a good brand, and if their supplements are anything like the wormer, they'l be fantastic. Rooster booster freed my flock from worms in about 4 days.post #56567 of 6217810/22/15 at 7:33ampost #56568 of 6217810/22/15 at 7:53amQuote:
I'ts great! The only common worm it doesn't cover is gape worm, but it covers round worm, ceacal worm, and capilliary worms. It is very efecctive and easy to do. (dump pellets into 50 lb bag of feed, ypu treat them for 1 week so that only works if you have 30-35 chickens) if you want to you can figure out the dosage for each individual bird, but I don't remember it now as this was last spring and I didn't write it down.post #56569 of 6217810/22/15 at 7:56ampost #56570 of 6217810/22/15 at 7:59amBooger is so pretty! *her* crest and face look a wee bit roosterish to me.
What kind of chuck is the one beside her? The little grey oneIf you are not willing to learn, no one can help you.
If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.
I love to help, so if you need someone to talk to or need help with anything, shoot me a PM!If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you.
If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.
I love to help, so if you need someone to talk to or need help with anything, shoot me a PM!
- Farm Daze
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 46 seconds ago
- › PUMPKIN CARVING Contest- Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts,... 54 seconds ago
- › CHICKEN / FOWL NAMES! To Name or Not to Name? Do You Name Yours? ... 1 minute ago
- › Duck Cam in the Coop. 1 minute ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 2 minutes ago
- › Guinea Problems... 3 minutes ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 3 minutes ago
- › Hen Spends All Day Trying to Enter Our Home 4 minutes ago
- › The last letter Game 4 minutes ago
- › How old for first deworming? 4 minutes ago
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.