Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryChicken Breedstagged by System, 1/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 5/30/16 at 7:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
Silkie thread! - Page 5682
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #56812 of 6217111/7/15 at 9:25pmQuote:
I love love love them all but your red.... omg I have been looking for them to, and they are so very hard to find. Put me on your list when you start selling hatching eggs... please.....Quote:Originally Posted by QueenMisha
I love Samantha and Deanna (I've got multiple Deans and Sams and Cas' but none with the female versions!!) but I think I'm gonna pass on Crowley. I had a very nasty roo a while back named Crowley... he was terrible! I wish I'd saved the name for a bird I liked better, lol, now it just reminds me of him.
Well, he is definitely a cutie!
For now he's going to be used in my LF Sex-Linked Silkie project. He's the first of the stock I've gathered. He'll be bred to Cochins, at least Buff and hopefully LF Red if I can find some, and of course Cuckoo Silkies to produce bantam Sex-Links. While my eventual goal is to create both Red and Cuckoo LF lines, I plan on keeping some of the bantam stock around since I know plenty of people would love the original bantam form as well! I'd love to breed him with Red and Red Partridge Silkies as well to create pure-colored offspring, but that all hinges on me finding some for sale! Both varieties seem very rare.
Not sure what the babies are, except that they are varying shades of partridge. I agree the dark one does have a reddish cast, fingers crossed for it to be RP!Quote:Originally Posted by chickiebaby1
Got some sweet shots of some of my loves the other day and thought I would share.
This is Sydney
This Skuttle she is a sizzle
and last but not least Axel
These are just a few of my beauties. I love to sit outside with them and just watch them, they are so sweet and they just love treats. Their favorite is popcorn!!
Beautiful, all of them.Mom to: 3 horses, 3 boar nannys, 1 billy and 1 spotted Boar nanny, 1 Nubian Doe, 1 nubian billy, 1 ober doe, 1 LaMancha billy and 2 LaMancha does, 2 GP LGD, 1 American Standfordshire, 1 Ridgeback, 1 black Lab and 1 tri-colored Aussie and 1 Aussie/AS. 5 LF Brhama hens, 7 White rock hens, 3 Blk Auslops sex to be determined, 2 SF pullets, 3 BCM's sex to be determined, 1 BM pullet, 1 buff Cohin...Mom to: 3 horses, 3 boar nannys, 1 billy and 1 spotted Boar nanny, 1 Nubian Doe, 1 nubian billy, 1 ober doe, 1 LaMancha billy and 2 LaMancha does, 2 GP LGD, 1 American Standfordshire, 1 Ridgeback, 1 black Lab and 1 tri-colored Aussie and 1 Aussie/AS. 5 LF Brhama hens, 7 White rock hens, 3 Blk Auslops sex to be determined, 2 SF pullets, 3 BCM's sex to be determined, 1 BM pullet, 1 buff Cohin...post #56813 of 6217111/7/15 at 9:38pm
Those pics didn't even do that red boy much justice... He was probably pretty hot from being squished in a box for 2 days. These were taken the night before he departed.post #56814 of 6217111/7/15 at 9:42pm
I still have this cockerel available. ;) Correct comb, toes, tight wings, etc. He's still more of a red partridge but just not the fiery red that other one was. Not going to have a huge crest in long run, but decent and very well balance bird.post #56815 of 6217111/7/15 at 9:58pmQuote:
Your making me cry........ Stupid AI!!!!!!!!! Stupid State!!!!!!!!!Mom to: 3 horses, 3 boar nannys, 1 billy and 1 spotted Boar nanny, 1 Nubian Doe, 1 nubian billy, 1 ober doe, 1 LaMancha billy and 2 LaMancha does, 2 GP LGD, 1 American Standfordshire, 1 Ridgeback, 1 black Lab and 1 tri-colored Aussie and 1 Aussie/AS. 5 LF Brhama hens, 7 White rock hens, 3 Blk Auslops sex to be determined, 2 SF pullets, 3 BCM's sex to be determined, 1 BM pullet, 1 buff Cohin...post #56816 of 6217111/7/15 at 9:59pmpost #56817 of 6217111/7/15 at 10:01pm
I'm going to bed!!!!!!post #56818 of 6217111/8/15 at 5:30amQuote:
what and no hens to go with him! shame on you! he needs a pair of hens with him to be complete I say my friend!!! why just look at him, he cant even hold his head up for he is shamed so much for lack of female attention! oh the shame the shame!!!post #56819 of 6217111/8/15 at 6:30amQuote:
On the partridge, I kept 7 girls back for breeding and have 2 males picked out to go with them and a 3rd boy as a back up if I don't get what I want for him. Still had 6 extra males to sell though when I got done picking out ones I was keeping. I wish mother nature was like Wal-mart sometimes and we could just get all those extra females as needed. Unfortunately we have to work with what we have and sell the extras.
There's still a lot of extra males that I'm selling very cheap just so they can avoid being Asian cuisine. These are just a handful of the $10 ones....
Have some higher priced ones still here yet too:post #56820 of 6217111/8/15 at 6:51amOk I need help! My silkie rooster acts like a dog and Im ready to rehome him. He attacks me, my husband, our guests, my 4lb dog (who screams bloody murder and refuses to go outside now), our cats (who actually will stand up for themselves), pigeons and even our other chicken when I leave out treats. He also crows ALL the time and scratches our back door daily! He also chooses to sleep in a dog crate instead of the cage I spent a ton of money on. HELP! Is this normal behavior?
- Farm Daze
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 3 seconds ago
- › Type of Rooster? 3 minutes ago
- › Keep a word, drop a word! 4 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!! 5 minutes ago
- › Food Storage Ideas Needed 5 minutes ago
- › Winter is almost here!! Share your tips and tricks for coping the... 10 minutes ago
- › Best incubater to use 10 minutes ago
- › Araucana thread anyone? 11 minutes ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 11 minutes ago
- › Duck eggs 14 minutes ago
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.