Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryChicken Breedstagged by System, 1/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 5/30/16 at 7:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Silkie thread! - Page 5692
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #56912 of 6217211/10/15 at 6:05pmpost #56913 of 6217211/10/15 at 6:06pmpost #56914 of 6217211/10/15 at 6:20pmpost #56915 of 6217211/10/15 at 6:20pmQuote:
From what I gather, most Silkies prefer to pile on the floor of the coop together. If very low roosts are provided, or ramps to low roosts are provided, some will choose to roost. I have 6 Silkies and 2 or 3 of them like to roost.I am a wife and Mother. We have 2 dogs, and our always growing flock of chickens. The kids have a small super cute flock of pet Silkies. Then we have mostly Cream Legbar amoung a wonderful assortment of laying hens.I am a wife and Mother. We have 2 dogs, and our always growing flock of chickens. The kids have a small super cute flock of pet Silkies. Then we have mostly Cream Legbar amoung a wonderful assortment of laying hens.post #56916 of 6217211/10/15 at 6:23pmpost #56917 of 6217211/10/15 at 6:26pmpost #56918 of 6217211/10/15 at 6:56pmIpost #56919 of 6217211/10/15 at 8:23pmpost #56920 of 6217211/10/15 at 10:45pm
- Farm Daze
Currently, there are 1014 Active Users (62 Members and 952 Guests)
- › What am I? 3 minutes ago
- › Day 18 7 minutes ago
- › Advice - neighbor wants us to cull 15 minutes ago
- › Duck eye infection 17 minutes ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 23 minutes ago
- › Food Storage Ideas Needed 25 minutes ago
- › Broody Hen Thread! 25 minutes ago
- › Araucana thread anyone? 26 minutes ago
- › incubator challenges please help 30 minutes ago
- › Silkie thread! 32 minutes ago
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.