Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryChicken Breedstagged by System, 1/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 5/30/16 at 7:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Silkie thread! - Page 5759
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #57582 of 621731/4/16 at 3:52pmQuote:
As day-old chicks we saw no difference. As my two Partridge Silkies aged it became obvious which was the boy and which was the girl. The boy grew much more colorful feathers than his plain little sister. We re-homed him before he reached maturity because we can't have roos so we never saw how he feathered out as an adult. Sad, because we loved his personality and visitors promptly pointed out his striking appearance. I thought his comb should've been less red but maybe it would've darkened as he aged - his sister's did.
Partridge boy 61/2-mo-old
Boy left, girl in middle
Girl on left, boy on right
Very curious camera boy!
Girl middle, boy right
Girlpost #57583 of 621731/4/16 at 4:13pmQuote:
My silkie hatched over Christmas and she is doing great with the chicks. when it is cold she sits on the little food dish so the chicks don't have to get cold when they eat.
I have noticed the Brooder chicks seem less active than the ones with Mama. I think it is because inside they are served and with ma she makes them look even though I put the food in a bowl they still dig in the bedding for things.Good Luck with your hatch.May the Sun always Shine on Your Parade!May the Sun always Shine on Your Parade!post #57584 of 621731/4/16 at 9:42pmpost #57585 of 621731/4/16 at 9:51pm
yes my self blue is broody yet again! it is taking ALL my self control to not get some eggs right now! we are due for a very wet winter and my broody pen does not stay dry YET. and if i let her hatch she will terrorize the whole flock being locked in the same pen....THEY would be fine but the rest of the flock would not...she turns evil when she has babies...which is good in a way....its to cold to try to break her too....i guess she will give it up eventually.post #57586 of 621731/4/16 at 9:59pmpost #57587 of 621731/5/16 at 1:57ampost #57588 of 621731/5/16 at 6:27ampost #57589 of 621731/5/16 at 8:37amMy silkies keep acting like they want to go broody but then stop after a few days. Whenever a few of them do this I continue to get eggs from the others. Should I keep some eggs under them? Just let them go through I guess a normal broody cycle? Or should I keep getting the eggs out from under them?
- Farm Daze
- › Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So! 6 seconds ago
- › Gross poop pics- need some advice 30 seconds ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 44 seconds ago
- › Show Off Your Games! 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › Help I have a skunk 1 minute ago
- › What is this chicken thinking? 1 minute ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Old Folks Home 2 minutes ago
- › The Svart Hona (Swedish Black Hen) Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.