Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryChicken Breedstagged by System, 1/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 5/30/16 at 7:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Silkie thread! - Page 5774post #57732 of 621731/12/16 at 5:54pmQuote:if this can't be fixed will the chick eventually die?Originally Posted by Fancychooklady
I use a bandaid, but it has to be a good one, the cheap ones don't adhere well . I prefer the cloth type ones. Wrap one little leg, then leaving the wound part of the bandaid , the space between the legs , wrap the second leg. The legs have to be under the chick and yes the chick will have trouble balancing at first. Check that the foot has not rotated so that it is facing out, as often as you can. If you've caught it in the first few days it is reversible .post #57733 of 621731/12/16 at 6:13pmpost #57734 of 621731/12/16 at 6:15pmQuote:Thanks so much for the help . I've had the bandaid on for 2 days now . Hopefully see some improvement soon !Originally Posted by Fancychooklady
If the hip rotates out the chick will not feed properly and become dehydrated unless you are prepared to care for it. Give the bandaid a try I've seen it work several times. It may also a be a good idea to add some nutri drench to the water or administer directly into the beak.post #57735 of 621731/12/16 at 6:27pmpost #57736 of 621731/12/16 at 6:40pm
tape together as you have but also add some poly vi sol without iron...give her a little bit a couple times a day with a dropper....sometimes it also has something to do with nutrition. ....it could help and won't hurt i think...the vitamin you can get at a pharmacy. it is an infants vitamin...cvs has in their baby section....if you don't see it ask. it has a different name now i think...post #57737 of 621731/12/16 at 6:57pmHi one new to this thread. Im looking for a silkie rooster to match the colors of the brownish one. Is this called partridge color. I have look but do the partridge vary in color. Would like to find one that looks very similar to her. Im in Minnesota. Would drive a good distance or pay for shipping if I find one. Thanks. Look forward to here from you.:-)post #57738 of 621731/12/16 at 9:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fancychooklady
Do Not be fooled that silkies can't drown in the chick waterer! put marbles or those large clear fish tank rocks in it! I lost a chick with a broken wing that way it was devastating to find her!Quote:Originally Posted by joydix
tape together as you have but also add some poly vi sol without iron...give her a little bit a couple times a day with a dropper....sometimes it also has something to do with nutrition. ....it could help and won't hurt i think...the vitamin you can get at a pharmacy. it is an infants vitamin...cvs has in their baby section....if you don't see it ask. it has a different name now i think...
You can find Nutridrench at TSC a small bottle that will last a loong time is only like 8.00 Or even Rooster Booster Electrolyte / Vitamin powder.post #57739 of 621731/12/16 at 9:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by chadmen2013
Hi one new to this thread. Im looking for a silkie rooster to match the colors of the brownish one. Is this called partridge color. I have look but do the partridge vary in color. Would like to find one that looks very similar to her. Im in Minnesota. Would drive a good distance or pay for shipping if I find one. Thanks. Look forward to here from you.:-)
I'd have several ranging from week olds all the way to breeder age available. I have 15-16 partridge chicks that are under 3 weeks old for $10 each. There are 2 lighter partridge chicks that are about 5 weeks old for $15 each. There are 2 left that look to be cockerels that are about 9-10 weeks old now for $25 each. They are more the ginger reddish. I'd have 1 extra cockerel that is about 10 months old for $50. He's a darker, mahogany reddish. I live over in southwestern MN if you'd be up for a road trip. Its a little too cold to ship safely right now. All are bred for the show ring and will have proper number of toes, skin color, and lots of fluff factor.
Edited to add a picture of the older cockerel for sale:
Edited by destiny_56085 - 1/12/16 at 9:15pmIsn't it ironic that only intelligent people understand the meaning of "ignorance is bliss"?Isn't it ironic that only intelligent people understand the meaning of "ignorance is bliss"?
- Farm Daze
- › mean chickens 8 seconds ago
- › Experimenting wtih fermented feed 18 seconds ago
- › 26 week Americauna's 39 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 51 seconds ago
- › Seemingly severe bumblefoot but no scab 1 minute ago
- › Meet Quasiducko 1 minute ago
- › Sexing Day Old Chicks 1 minute ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 1 minute ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 2 minutes ago
- › Help, my free rangers are roaming the neighborhood! :( 2 minutes ago
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.