Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryChicken Breedstagged by System, 1/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 5/30/16 at 7:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Silkie thread! - Page 5852
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #58512 of 621733/9/16 at 5:25pmpost #58513 of 621733/9/16 at 5:28pmpost #58514 of 621733/9/16 at 5:28pm"Know well the condition of your flocks...." Proverbs 27:23"Know well the condition of your flocks...." Proverbs 27:23post #58515 of 621733/9/16 at 5:32pmpost #58516 of 621733/9/16 at 5:36pmpost #58517 of 621733/9/16 at 6:09pmQuote:
Just a recommendation, since you're specifically looking for a brood hen. Cochins also make excellent broodies. Especially the standard sized ones, they're HUGE and you can stuff a lot of eggs under them. Bantam Cochins are very common in feed store bantam bins and pretty much every hatchery carries the LF version (and some of those hatcheries accommodate small orders if you don't want to order 15-25). Same goes for the Silkies if you can't snag them at the feed store. I believe Mypetchicken, Meyer and Cackle all do small orders (3-5 chicks I think).post #58518 of 621733/9/16 at 6:09pmpost #58519 of 621733/10/16 at 11:15amQuote:
Thanks! She is a sweet girl but seems so absent minded. She gave me a huge fright the other night. I went to lock their coop door and she was the only one missing. I thought for sure the bobcat got her... So I walked around our property and I found her down in our lower field, completely drenched from the rain. You can see she is the little white speck to the left of the tall tree. I was so relieved to find her! Thought about taking away her free ranging privileges but so far she's been good and staying with the rest of the flock.post #58520 of 621733/10/16 at 11:23am
Hello all!!! Silkie newbie owner here. I recently purchased 6 silkies at my local TSC this past Tuesday Here is a grainy pic of them today. I don't have the best phone camera, sorry. I noticed today some of these chicks are starting to get wispy feathers on their wings. Is this indicative of gender?....Crossing my fingers and hoping for more hens then roos Also noted one of them is quite aggressive, keeps pecking at the others. I'm new to chickens, but does the pecking order start so soon? Ps can anyone tell me what colors these chicks will be when the grow up? I assumed the 2 lightest are white. Two appear buff in color. the other two have a faint stripe down the back...Not sure what color those are going to be. Thanks in advance for all your help.. I'm curious to see if my BO will get along well with the guys!
- Farm Daze
- › Granny's gone and done it again 14 seconds ago
- › hi new member here 29 seconds ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 1 minute ago
- › Who has chickens in Henderson Nv? 1 minute ago
- › Looking to be a beginner! Questions!! 1 minute ago
- › How to Build Chicken Tractor - Steps 1 minute ago
- › Free range chickens 1 minute ago
- › The Worst Predator 1 minute ago
- › how many Eggs you get today 1 minute ago
- › *The Verge of War* A Medieval Rp 2 minutes ago
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.