Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryChicken Breedstagged by System, 1/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 5/30/16 at 7:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
Silkie thread! - Page 5939post #59382 of 621524/8/16 at 4:06pmI am a proud mom of 2 black silkies, 3 blue silkies, 5 white silkies, 3 splash silkies, 3 buff Brahma bantams, 3 light Brahma bantams, 1 americana bantam hen, 8 LF americanas, 10 Buff Orpingtons, Chocolate turkeys, 4 Muscovy ducks (ducklings on the way) and some crosses!I am a proud mom of 2 black silkies, 3 blue silkies, 5 white silkies, 3 splash silkies, 3 buff Brahma bantams, 3 light Brahma bantams, 1 americana bantam hen, 8 LF americanas, 10 Buff Orpingtons, Chocolate turkeys, 4 Muscovy ducks (ducklings on the way) and some crosses!post #59383 of 621524/8/16 at 5:07pmpost #59384 of 621524/8/16 at 5:56pm
I know I stated I would post this a few days ago..But I got pulled into working 6 night shifts. Any how here are the pics of my gang. I know its early to tell. But as I said before, based on behavior alone,
I thought I may have 4 roos and only 2 hens. Let my know what every one thinks, I greatly appreciate it.post #59385 of 621524/8/16 at 5:59pmpost #59386 of 621524/8/16 at 8:04pmpost #59387 of 621524/8/16 at 8:09pmpost #59388 of 621524/8/16 at 8:10pmpost #59389 of 621524/8/16 at 8:21pmQuote:I don't normally bath them, she had a mucky bottom and I was just making sure that it wasn't the onset of gleet. People often ask me how my whites stay so white, lots of preening I say.
She is also a very ' chillaxed ' bird. I've handled her heaps when she is fostering chicks.post #59390 of 621524/8/16 at 8:24pmQuote:Yes, white chicks are usually hatched yellow or smutty grey .
- Farm Daze
- › Child At Heart, Monster By Nature (Chat Thread) 5 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 15 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 20 seconds ago
- › eggs 22 seconds ago
- › What's the temperature where you are??? 29 seconds ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 42 seconds ago
- › (7) ten day old Chicks! What gender? Marans (1Black/2Blue),... 1 minute ago
- › Hello from Jeep Chick! 1 minute ago
- › Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds 1 minute ago
- › Dominique rooster behavior/maturity? 1 minute ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.