Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- any silkie breeders in queensland, australia.? :) Last post on 10/12/16 at 9:21am in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Silkie chicks in Alabama? Last post on 3/22/16 at 6:53am in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Silkie Chick Care... too young to bathe? Last post on 3/28/16 at 4:13pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Tiny Beauties,PLEASE tell me what These are!!!!! Last post on 8/1/13 at 10:35pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Silkied Serama Last post on 10/23/16 at 2:56pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: Yesterday
- How to Take Your Chicken Photography to a Whole New Level-...Last edited: 11/15/16
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I have 3 Andalusian (2 Girls, 1 Boy)... they are being raised with Lakenvelder, Cornish, Brahma and Nacked Necks... the whole group is so friendly, they try to climb all over me any chance they...
I love my SLWs one, Whoms name is Gwen, sadly got killed by a hawk last January.But ow I have Raven, and I love her to bits and pices.The only thing is she lays tiny eggs and she is quit flighty.
I've had these birds for a while, and I'm not very satisfied with them, but they'll still be staying on the farm all the same. Even as chicks they were skittish, and I can't even go near them...
The black astralop breed is one of my favorite breeds. I have had two they were both very sweet, curious, and had great personalities. When I went out to the coop they'd walk over to me and just...
I love this breed, and I highly recommend it to someone who is a beginner with chickens. They love and adore people, are very prolific throughout most of their life, and are usually good with other...
Silkie thread! - Page 5945
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #59442 of 625224/10/16 at 4:08pmQuote:
I love the littlest Partridge! I love Partridge. Anyway, didn't someone with genetic know-how on this thread say that White hides a lot of other colors?post #59443 of 625224/10/16 at 4:09pmpost #59444 of 625224/10/16 at 4:10pmpost #59445 of 625224/10/16 at 4:11pmQuote:
In my area I will go to Amber Waves Silkies to check out their show stock. They charge a lot of money for their birds and I wouldn't recommend them to someone on the East Coast because of the cost. Silkies live a long time and I don't contemplate replacing any in the near future but Amber Waves is on my list for future breeders.post #59446 of 625224/10/16 at 4:13pmpost #59447 of 625224/10/16 at 4:19pmpost #59448 of 625224/10/16 at 4:24pmQuote:
They identify show quality from their pet quality stock and they offer at cost DNA testing available for guaranteed sex of chicks. I do not know if they sell hatching eggs. They are in SoCalif so I don't know that you would want cross-country shipment plus they have juvenile show birds from $125 to $300. With that amount of money spent I would insist on photos of the bird before purchasing. Here is their website info if you have further inquiries:post #59449 of 625224/10/16 at 4:28pmpost #59450 of 625224/10/16 at 4:34pmIt's a shame. The one we normally do our shopping at is fantastic with the chicks. Have only ever seen 1 with pasty butt, and an employee immediately went and cleaned her up. I mentioned it to the workers where we got these buggers and they just stared at me then went about their business. So I just bought them and took them home. But, of course they were more than happy to assist with a purchase. And yeah, two have bare legs.... I figure they're either mixes or just poor quality. Either way, they'll get tons of love, since we just have our birds as a backyard flock to enjoy.
- How to Take Your Chicken Photography to a Whole New Level-...
- › California-Southern 4 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 5 seconds ago
- › Can anybody help with this breed? 56 seconds ago
- › Feed questions 1 minute ago
- › Ducklings- Share your pics 2 minutes ago
- › What Are we? 2 minutes ago
- › At what age do Black Australorps begin to lay their first eggs??? 3 minutes ago
- › GAMES FOR EGGS - BATTLE CHICK TRIFECTA - Prize is Ayam Cemani CHICKS!! 3 minutes ago
- › Topic of the Week - Roosters, Yes or No? 4 minutes ago
- › New and have a question 5 minutes ago
- › Andalusian by AlilSassy
- › Wyandotte by Cluckcluck1215
- › Marans by Garjzla
- › Australorp by CherriesBrood
- › Black Sex Link chicken by WyandotteLove1
- › Queen Silvia by cree57i
- › East Frisian Gull - An Old World Landrace by cree57i
- › Pearl Guinea by Vermont Poultry
- › Rhode Island by Vermont Poultry
- › Barred Rock by Vermont Poultry