Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- any silkie breeders in queensland, australia.? :) Last post on 10/12/16 at 9:21am in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Silkie chicks in Alabama? Last post on 2/12/17 at 8:52pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Silkie Chick Care... too young to bathe? Last post on 3/28/16 at 4:13pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Tiny Beauties,PLEASE tell me what These are!!!!! Last post on 2/7/17 at 1:49pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Silkied Serama Last post on 3/23/17 at 7:07pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: 3/22/17
- How to Take Your Chicken Photography to a Whole New Level-...Last edited: 11/15/16
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I purchased day-old bantam Buff Brahmas from a hatchery, ending up with 4 pullets and 1 cockerel, a nice little breeding group. The chicks were handled frequently but were never nearly as...
Great first time ducks. my female layed even through the winter, she only took about 3 weeks off. great foragers, my female is my loud one letting me know I went past feeding time, my male is a...
really great layers but don't like handling much, mine wouldn't let me near them. i raised the whites and the browns, they were escape artists but for a good reason. they can evade a lot of predators
Mine are a week old, so I don't have a lot to judge on yet, but they've been so full of character that I was afraid I'd forget some of their antics by the time they reach maturity. I'll update when...
My Sicilian Buttercup, Piquin, is a consistent layer of small creamy eggs, about 3-4 a week. Her plumage is a gorgeous coppery gold with distinctive leopard-like spots; a double comb and high tail...
Silkie thread! - Page 5945
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #59442 of 639724/10/16 at 4:08pmQuote:
I love the littlest Partridge! I love Partridge. Anyway, didn't someone with genetic know-how on this thread say that White hides a lot of other colors?post #59443 of 639724/10/16 at 4:09pmpost #59444 of 639724/10/16 at 4:10pmpost #59445 of 639724/10/16 at 4:11pmQuote:
In my area I will go to Amber Waves Silkies to check out their show stock. They charge a lot of money for their birds and I wouldn't recommend them to someone on the East Coast because of the cost. Silkies live a long time and I don't contemplate replacing any in the near future but Amber Waves is on my list for future breeders.post #59446 of 639724/10/16 at 4:13pmpost #59447 of 639724/10/16 at 4:19pmpost #59448 of 639724/10/16 at 4:24pmQuote:
They identify show quality from their pet quality stock and they offer at cost DNA testing available for guaranteed sex of chicks. I do not know if they sell hatching eggs. They are in SoCalif so I don't know that you would want cross-country shipment plus they have juvenile show birds from $125 to $300. With that amount of money spent I would insist on photos of the bird before purchasing. Here is their website info if you have further inquiries:post #59449 of 639724/10/16 at 4:28pmpost #59450 of 639724/10/16 at 4:34pmIt's a shame. The one we normally do our shopping at is fantastic with the chicks. Have only ever seen 1 with pasty butt, and an employee immediately went and cleaned her up. I mentioned it to the workers where we got these buggers and they just stared at me then went about their business. So I just bought them and took them home. But, of course they were more than happy to assist with a purchase. And yeah, two have bare legs.... I figure they're either mixes or just poor quality. Either way, they'll get tons of love, since we just have our birds as a backyard flock to enjoy.
- How to Take Your Chicken Photography to a Whole New Level-...
- › March 2017! Hatch with us! 9 seconds ago
- › Keep a word, drop a word! 37 seconds ago
- › Between Life and Death RP 1 minute ago
- › american blue geese hatching eegs 1 minute ago
- › Turkey Housing 1 minute ago
- › Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps 1 minute ago
- › WATCH A BABY DUCK EMBRYO GROW IN REAL TIME!!! LIVE STREAM 1 minute ago
- › Thought mites, maybe not please help 2 minutes ago
- › Toad Raising. 2 minutes ago
- › The last letter Game 2 minutes ago
- › Braided Easter Egg Bread
- › FeatherMtnFarms' Spring Chicks!!! 2017
- › One Myth and One Lie About—Egg's
- › SERAMA INCUBATION TIPS ~ Not hard to hatch...
- › casportpony's random chicken pictures
- › Best Pictures of 2017.
- › Soo EggCited the ladies will be here next...
- › Coop-A-Cabana and Coop de Ville....Soo...
- › Integrating new birds at 4 weeks old.
- › \~ * >One Will Reign< * ~/ a Wild Horse...