Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- any silkie breeders in queensland, australia.? :) Last post on 10/12/16 at 9:21am in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Silkie chicks in Alabama? Last post on 2/12/17 at 8:52pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Silkie Chick Care... too young to bathe? Last post on 3/28/16 at 4:13pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Tiny Beauties,PLEASE tell me what These are!!!!! Last post on 2/7/17 at 1:49pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Silkied Serama Last post on 2/12/17 at 2:05am in General breed discussions & FAQ
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: 1/16/17
- How to Take Your Chicken Photography to a Whole New Level-...Last edited: 11/15/16
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
Anconas have to be the sweetest birds i know. In fact they were one of the first chickens i got. They were a breeding pair; Cowboy and Sweetheart. Let me tell you, if you want a rooster get...
I have two dark Cornish roosters that I'm selling along with some white Plymouth Rock hens. They are either going to be rehomed OR MEET THEIR MAKER!!! In the 15 years that I have owned chickens...
This breed is very easily acquired and seem like the perfect pet for your kids or yourself. In Fact my favourite hen is a Brown Star named "Piper". Be warned these chickens do not have longevity...
I have three white Leghorn (pronounced "Leg-yurn" by the way) hens named Duchess, Henny Penny, and Lucky. They are the flightiest hens in my group of Brown Stars and Black Australorps. They dont...
My RIR, Waffles, is a perfectly lovely bird in that she is healthy, curious, and a great layer. That said, she will be my last RIR. She's been at the root of every flock dynamic issue that we've...
Silkie thread! - Page 5945
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #59442 of 635664/10/16 at 4:08pmQuote:
I love the littlest Partridge! I love Partridge. Anyway, didn't someone with genetic know-how on this thread say that White hides a lot of other colors?post #59443 of 635664/10/16 at 4:09pmpost #59444 of 635664/10/16 at 4:10pmpost #59445 of 635664/10/16 at 4:11pmQuote:
In my area I will go to Amber Waves Silkies to check out their show stock. They charge a lot of money for their birds and I wouldn't recommend them to someone on the East Coast because of the cost. Silkies live a long time and I don't contemplate replacing any in the near future but Amber Waves is on my list for future breeders.post #59446 of 635664/10/16 at 4:13pmpost #59447 of 635664/10/16 at 4:19pmpost #59448 of 635664/10/16 at 4:24pmQuote:
They identify show quality from their pet quality stock and they offer at cost DNA testing available for guaranteed sex of chicks. I do not know if they sell hatching eggs. They are in SoCalif so I don't know that you would want cross-country shipment plus they have juvenile show birds from $125 to $300. With that amount of money spent I would insist on photos of the bird before purchasing. Here is their website info if you have further inquiries:post #59449 of 635664/10/16 at 4:28pmpost #59450 of 635664/10/16 at 4:34pmIt's a shame. The one we normally do our shopping at is fantastic with the chicks. Have only ever seen 1 with pasty butt, and an employee immediately went and cleaned her up. I mentioned it to the workers where we got these buggers and they just stared at me then went about their business. So I just bought them and took them home. But, of course they were more than happy to assist with a purchase. And yeah, two have bare legs.... I figure they're either mixes or just poor quality. Either way, they'll get tons of love, since we just have our birds as a backyard flock to enjoy.
- How to Take Your Chicken Photography to a Whole New Level-...
- › Is this egg fertile? 1 second ago
- › Hands on hatching and help 7 seconds ago
- › ~<>A Hidden Forest<>~A Warriors Cats Roleplay!(Always Acceptng) 19 seconds ago
- › Baby Goat and Boyfriend ~ Cute Pictures 30 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine. Hosts,... 33 seconds ago
- › Rabbit frustration 1 minute ago
- › ISO Silver Grey Dorking Rooster 1 minute ago
- › New member from NY 1 minute ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 1 minute ago
- › 2 embryo in 1 egg? Please look at picture 1 minute ago
- › casportpony's ducks - 2-23-2017
- › My Ginny
- › Chocolate Flan Cake
- › The first year of our adventure!
- › Spring Time Chickens
- › Chick Photoshoots
- › The beginnings of our little homestead!
- › Well, When You Name a Hen "Bratt"....
- › >~*A Howl At Midnight>*~ A FORGOTTEN...
- › The long and the short of it. And some in...