Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- any silkie breeders in queensland, australia.? :) Last post on 10/12/16 at 9:21am in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Silkie chicks in Alabama? Last post on 2/12/17 at 8:52pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Silkie Chick Care... too young to bathe? Last post on 4/2/17 at 4:31am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Tiny Beauties,PLEASE tell me what These are!!!!! Last post on 4/21/17 at 2:01pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Silkied Serama Last post on Today at 12:34 am in General breed discussions & FAQ
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: 3/22/17
- How to Take Your Chicken Photography to a Whole New Level-...Last edited: 11/15/16
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I bought this incubator about 6 years ago based on enthusiastic BYC member reviews. I used it approximately 4 times over the next several years with awesome results hatching chicken, duck and...
My experience with Welsummers have been great! PROS: She is very pretty. I love her golden nape (back of neck) feathers. Her eggs are amazing! I love their dark color! She is a...
My Polish is enormously funny, but she does seem to suffer from some problems, may of which originate from her signature "hairdo" PROS: She is the funniest-looking chicken. The laughs she...
My EE gives me little room to complain about her. PROS: Her eggs are SO beautiful and they catch the eyes of visitors frequently, and she is quite diligent in her laying...
If I had to pick a favorite of my girls, it would CERTAINLY be my BR. Allow me to tell you why: 1) Since she was a chick, she has always been calm and handleable. She is great for kids who just...
Silkie thread! - Page 5945post #59442 of 645504/10/16 at 4:08pmQuote:
I love the littlest Partridge! I love Partridge. Anyway, didn't someone with genetic know-how on this thread say that White hides a lot of other colors?post #59443 of 645504/10/16 at 4:09pmpost #59444 of 645504/10/16 at 4:10pmpost #59445 of 645504/10/16 at 4:11pmQuote:
In my area I will go to Amber Waves Silkies to check out their show stock. They charge a lot of money for their birds and I wouldn't recommend them to someone on the East Coast because of the cost. Silkies live a long time and I don't contemplate replacing any in the near future but Amber Waves is on my list for future breeders.post #59446 of 645504/10/16 at 4:13pmpost #59447 of 645504/10/16 at 4:19pmpost #59448 of 645504/10/16 at 4:24pmQuote:
They identify show quality from their pet quality stock and they offer at cost DNA testing available for guaranteed sex of chicks. I do not know if they sell hatching eggs. They are in SoCalif so I don't know that you would want cross-country shipment plus they have juvenile show birds from $125 to $300. With that amount of money spent I would insist on photos of the bird before purchasing. Here is their website info if you have further inquiries:post #59449 of 645504/10/16 at 4:28pmpost #59450 of 645504/10/16 at 4:34pmIt's a shame. The one we normally do our shopping at is fantastic with the chicks. Have only ever seen 1 with pasty butt, and an employee immediately went and cleaned her up. I mentioned it to the workers where we got these buggers and they just stared at me then went about their business. So I just bought them and took them home. But, of course they were more than happy to assist with a purchase. And yeah, two have bare legs.... I figure they're either mixes or just poor quality. Either way, they'll get tons of love, since we just have our birds as a backyard flock to enjoy.
- How to Take Your Chicken Photography to a Whole New Level-...
- › The Old Folks Home 13 seconds ago
- › Eastern Turkeys 18 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine. Hosts,... 31 seconds ago
- › as anyone on this site kept two boys with their girls. 35 seconds ago
- › Dark spot on duck egg! Pleas help! 1 minute ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 1 minute ago
- › Introducing a Single to a Flock of 3 1 minute ago
- › Yes or No? 1 minute ago
- › YO GEORGIANS! :) 1 minute ago
- › Troyergals Chat Thread!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO Auto Turn Egg Incubator by SeaHen
- › Welsummer by TheBantyCoop
- › Polish by TheBantyCoop
- › Easter Eggers by TheBantyCoop
- › Barred Rock by TheBantyCoop
- › Production by crazy rooster34
- › Golden Sex Link by crazy rooster34
- › Brahma by Henrik Petersson
- › Phoenix by gholmomma
- › Fresh Eggs Daily: Raising Happy, Healthy Chickens...Naturally by jbudin2000
- › Mustangs Recent Chicken Pictures
- › My BYC family. P.S you guys are awesome
- › Pure English Silver Laced hens also!
- › The Life Of A New Hampshire Hen
- › Pure English Silver Laced Rooster
- › °The Flight of the Burritos° A RP of...
- › General and Lily
- › New Simple but Secure Chicken Coop
- › aart's Chick Corral
- › Ten little hens...