Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- any silkie breeders in queensland, australia.? :) Last post on 10/12/16 at 9:21am in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Silkie chicks in Alabama? Last post on 3/22/16 at 6:53am in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Silkie Chick Care... too young to bathe? Last post on 3/28/16 at 4:13pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Tiny Beauties,PLEASE tell me what These are!!!!! Last post on 8/1/13 at 10:35pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Silkied Serama Last post on 12/20/16 at 4:00pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: 1/16/17
- How to Take Your Chicken Photography to a Whole New Level-...Last edited: 11/15/16
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
My only Welsummer came from a hatchery. She arrived by mail in poor shape and was very undersized. She pulled through with extra attention but was stunted for many months. However, she eventually...
I was looking for a meat outcross for my EE hens, so I bought 25 Dark Cornish roosters. I raised them together and culled them down (sent to freezer camp) all but 5, then introduced them to my...
I've had several of these chickens. The free rooster I got from the hatchery looks like the one in the main photo. I also have a red one. The hens are all unique. They have the same basic...
I purchased two pullets and a cockerel from a fellow chicken lover. I don't regret it at all. These birds aren't too flighty, and always know when it's time to roost. They are great foragers, but...
We have two pair of these - black and blue. The females are sweet and make good show birds for small children. The lay enormous eggs considering their body size. The males are very agressive as is...
Silkie thread! - Page 5945
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #59442 of 630694/10/16 at 4:08pmQuote:
I love the littlest Partridge! I love Partridge. Anyway, didn't someone with genetic know-how on this thread say that White hides a lot of other colors?post #59443 of 630694/10/16 at 4:09pmpost #59444 of 630694/10/16 at 4:10pmpost #59445 of 630694/10/16 at 4:11pmQuote:
In my area I will go to Amber Waves Silkies to check out their show stock. They charge a lot of money for their birds and I wouldn't recommend them to someone on the East Coast because of the cost. Silkies live a long time and I don't contemplate replacing any in the near future but Amber Waves is on my list for future breeders.post #59446 of 630694/10/16 at 4:13pmpost #59447 of 630694/10/16 at 4:19pmpost #59448 of 630694/10/16 at 4:24pmQuote:
They identify show quality from their pet quality stock and they offer at cost DNA testing available for guaranteed sex of chicks. I do not know if they sell hatching eggs. They are in SoCalif so I don't know that you would want cross-country shipment plus they have juvenile show birds from $125 to $300. With that amount of money spent I would insist on photos of the bird before purchasing. Here is their website info if you have further inquiries:post #59449 of 630694/10/16 at 4:28pmpost #59450 of 630694/10/16 at 4:34pmIt's a shame. The one we normally do our shopping at is fantastic with the chicks. Have only ever seen 1 with pasty butt, and an employee immediately went and cleaned her up. I mentioned it to the workers where we got these buggers and they just stared at me then went about their business. So I just bought them and took them home. But, of course they were more than happy to assist with a purchase. And yeah, two have bare legs.... I figure they're either mixes or just poor quality. Either way, they'll get tons of love, since we just have our birds as a backyard flock to enjoy.
- How to Take Your Chicken Photography to a Whole New Level-...
- › SASSO CHICKEN just now
- › vicious black sex link problem 3 minutes ago
- › Ducks made a mess of garden. 4 minutes ago
- › INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! 6 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 6 minutes ago
- › Hens or Roosters? 7 minutes ago
- › Hatching Duck eggs....I messed up...UPDATE.....#1 8 minutes ago
- › Learning so much already 10 minutes ago
- › Silkie thread! 13 minutes ago
- › new girl to the flock 15 minutes ago
- › Growing up chickens
- › 20 Things i wish i knew before i started...
- › Finally out of the coop!
- › A Portrait of Chicken....Portraits? (Chick...
- › An Experiment in Chick Sexing Methods
- › Poultry Ownership and Dealing with Loss (From...
- › WVduckchick's Ducks!
- › Our Lovely Ducks
- › My Pepper!
- › The little lone chick